Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore USA's Final Challenge to the Community  (Read 26119 times)

Description:

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
Re: Commodore USA's Final Challenge to the Community
« on: December 20, 2011, 11:57:58 AM »
So after lying to the community, getting caught with your pants down stealing text of one of your early websites direct from apples website, stealing graphics without the authors permission, insulting the community and its various camps, posting fake pictures of your "factory in asia" claiming the amiga community is not your target audience, hyping vaporware products and announcing how many computer models that never arrived? Announcing then hyping new computer models that then mysteriously disappear from your website,NOW you come and dictate terms and expect 500+ people to prepay for one of your products?

What happened to the tens of thousands of c64's you were supposed to have in big box retails stores? I would think thats enough to keep you busy, but then that was probably just more bull**** and hype, cause I sure haven't seen any in any stores.

So after hyping this c64 thing for what almost 2 years and selling what TENS of units, now whats this a last act of desperation before you throw in the towel?

After telling everyone to basically **** off because your doing things your way you can't come back to the community and expect its support. You've been an arrogant ******* claiming your plans of x86/linux are so much better for the amiga community, so why not stick to those plans and show us why you were so right? Oh wait thats right, no one cares about you putting a theme on mint linux and calling it commodoreos.

If you really wanted to make right, how about following through with your one time claims and announcments of heavily supporting AROS financially? Oh thats right, that was just more bull**** you retracted as soon as it didn't fit in your plans. Another lie along the way. I'd think 10,000$ contributed to the bounty system would go a long way towards making people trust what you say again.

Until then, your just a bull****ter, and no one here can trust anything you or your "company" says.

Steven

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 05:10:45 AM »
Since apparently anyone can buy the rights to use the amiga name, I'm going to buy the rights to slap that name on a new computer I'll be making.

I have no idea of what kind of processor, or os it will use, or what it will look like.

(But don't worry the amiga community will LOVE IT!)

I'm not sure what kind of software it will run yet.

Of course before I invest a single penny of my own, I'm going to need 500 pre-orders.

Before I start accepting pre-orders though, first I have to take some time to insult every amiga camp, claim I have a 30million dollar advertising budget, steal my website text from apple, tell you all your not my target market then come back to you and beg for pre-orders for my new amiga dream machine.

Don't worry though, this new computer will go from pipe dream to manufactured product
in 6 months or I'll give you your money back.

"Only amiga makes it possible."

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 09:48:05 PM »
Dammy, your really saying they sold tens of thousands of c64x's just in pre-orders?

Come on dude, If that were even close to true....

Even at really ****ty margins, they would have made a good deal of money on that,and have the money to make whatever product they wanted to make without begging for pre-orders and expecting 500 people to pay for a product that dosn't exist.

30 million dollar advertising budget? Total bull****.

Selling hundreds of thousands of c64x's to big box retail stores? - Total bull****.

Heavily funding AROS's development? - Total bull****.

Factory in china? - Total bull****.

This latest stunt - MORE TOTAL BULL****.

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 05:43:25 AM »
Give us a bunch of money and a list of things you like...  Within 6 months we'll go from pipe dream to working manufactured computers.

That sounds like a good deal to you? Your on dope, you really must have drank the cool aid when you visited their "corporate office" which amounts to my garage with a storefront attached.

Steven

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 10:01:51 PM »
"I thought that they werent allowed to use the AROS roms?"

I would think since they are open source anyone can use them for anything provided the authors requirements are met. If I wrote or created those roms I'd object to them using them simply because of the way they have treated AROS, and its developers/supporters.

After first claiming that they would be "heavily funding AROS development" then backing out when it wasn't convienant for them... THEN not offering a single penny to aros bounties... They insult AROS and its community again and again... And Next?

Next they announce they will take parts of AROS to include in their "commodore OS"?

As for their past promises to heavily fund AROS, not a penny so far... Not a SINGLE penny. Here's a "company" thats supposed to have a 30 million dollar advertising budget.
I would think even just kicking AROS bounties 10 or 20 thousand dollars wouldn't be
too hard, to keep a promise you made. Instead, they are fine with everyone knowing
they are liars, braggards and bull****ters.

"Heavily funding AROS development" means not a single penny?

But hey, now that you have something we think we can use (steal really) we'll use it, and you still won't see a single penny from them towards AROS bounties, which actually pay for the tech they are intending to use...

Why would anyone buy ANYTHING from a company that acts like that?

Also, I agree no way in hell anything other than perhaps a custom cased x86 computer could realistically be created in that time frame. Thats a ridiculous timeframe and they hyped this c64x for like 2 years before it was a real thing...

So pardon me if I think they are full of... BULL**** as usual.

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 08:03:17 AM »
Oh so thats what this is about, put this out there so you can blame the community for cusa's failures? After saying we're not their target market then come begging for pre-orders then blame the community when its more BULL**** from cusa and nothing happens.

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 10:23:53 PM »
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/commodore-usa-appoints-korey-kay-102977849.html

Thats a great example of cusa BULL**** right there. (and remember how long ago this bull**** was released!)

30 million dollar advertising budget, and so far all they've done is post home made videos to youtube. Oh they bought a mention on the tron dvd too.
(Then they stole footage from tron legacy in one of their youtube promo videos)

I guess since they bought a mention on the dvd, so they think they can steal footage from disney if they want.

Now they want to steal your money to fund their latest scheme.
Hey, they spent 30 million on advertising guys, so they have no funds for research and development.

:roflmao:

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 02:25:31 AM »
Thats a great idea.

I'm going to start commodore america now.

:)