Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore USA's Final Challenge to the Community  (Read 26150 times)

Description:

Offline Haranguer

• Show all replies
Re: Commodore USA's Final Challenge to the Community
« on: December 20, 2011, 09:45:05 AM »
Well, to put it simply, if you're going to put the Amiga name on a computer, make sure it ACTUALLY IS an Amiga (sorry for the shouting, but that needed to be shouted ...).  Don't offer me a Linux PC running UAE - I can do that without CUSA's help.

I could also build a PC running AROS myself, but I'd consider that a legitimate use of the name.

What I'd like to see is - a Natami, a Replay-based computer running the AGA Minimig core (yes, I know it's not finished yet ...), an AROS based PC, something that runs MorphOS ...

But, most of all, I want a computer that runs OS 4.x.  Admittedly, I'll be getting one soon - I've pre-ordered an X1000.

If CUSA really want to impress me, what I'd really, really like Santa to bring me is an Amiga touchpad, and perhaps an Amiga phone - this would require that OS 4.x be ported to ARM, 'cos I don't think you'll find a PPC touchpad, let alone a PPC phone.

If you could work with Hyperion to bring Amiga OS to standard architecture and to ARM, that would be enough for me.  That would be the best Christmas present of all.

Offline Haranguer

• Show all replies
Re: Commodore USA's Final Challenge to the Community
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 03:41:42 PM »
Quote from: dammy;673047
Pretty sad that the online Amiga Community can't get a quick 500 people together on a single project to support.

Oh, but we can.  Heard of the FPGA Arcade board?  That'd get 500 easily.

But I can't see CUSA having anything to do with it, and I can't see 500 people wanting to buy it from CUSA if they did.

I'm even more excited about the Arcade board than I am about the X1000, and I'm excited about the X1000.