Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore USA's Final Challenge to the Community  (Read 26007 times)

Description:

ChuckT

Re: Maybe you should give your coupon back
« Reply #254 from previous page: December 28, 2011, 07:53:13 PM »
Quote from: dammy;673300
Who, the C=USA haters who keep spamming threads?

Dammy,

How are you going to get Hyperion to work with CUSA if they are dealing with Amiga Inc?

I saw your username on http://www.commodore-amiga.org/ as a top poster.  Its okay if you want to deal with them.  The problem is, who is going to pay restitution to the rest of the Amiga users?  A lot of us have been waiting and waiting for things to be straightened out in the courts and they're back.

Its kind of like this.  My brother in law is still friends with a salesman who ripped off his sister cause he isn't a hater.  It doesn't matter if it is grand theft because he loves everybody and doesn't stick up for his family.  Is he a good guy?

Here is a proposal.  Amiga Inc. has six months to make things right with the Amiga community or else.  Is that a good deal?

Chuck

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
Re: Maybe you should give your coupon back
« Reply #255 on: December 28, 2011, 08:18:09 PM »
Quote from: ChuckT;673301
Dammy,

How are you going to get Hyperion to work with CUSA if they are dealing with Amiga Inc?

It would have been the same as Hyperion working with ACube or A-EON on porting OS4 to those hardware platforms.

I saw your username on http://www.commodore-amiga.org/ as a top poster.  Its okay if you want to deal with them.  The problem is, who is going to pay restitution to the rest of the Amiga users?  A lot of us have been waiting and waiting for things to be straightened out in the courts and they're back.

Its kind of like this.  My brother in law is still friends with a salesman who ripped off his sister cause he isn't a hater.  It doesn't matter if it is grand theft because he loves everybody and doesn't stick up for his family.  Is he a good guy?

Here is a proposal.  Amiga Inc. has six months to make things right with the Amiga community or else.  Is that a good deal?

Chuck

Go talk to McBill, it's his call since he is in charge of Amiga Inc.
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

ChuckT

Re: Commodore USA's Final Challenge to the Community
« Reply #256 on: December 28, 2011, 08:32:54 PM »
Dammy,

I'll let Aeon, Acube, and others speak for themselves.  As someone who is business minded myself, I don't lend credit to whom credit is due.

As a user, I won't buy any Commodore USA products until this issue is resolved and I wouldn't trust a company that deals with Amiga Inc.  I believe that by being a good person, we can do business with other people but if they don't make good to everyone that was hurt here, I believe they would hurt me and you too.  They now have a public relations problem to fix and please let them know to do the right thing.

It is a reasonable request and if Amiga users cave then the problem will never be resolved.  The other issue is that sales people can't be dishonest and I find that computers distributed with missing chips was dishonest.

"August 30 Update - Eyetech is no longer making Amiga One boards of any kind. While there is a few (very few) boards being talked about on some message boards and web sites, these boards are old, were DOA, are missing processors etc.. We will not be selling these as it is not in the best interest of our customers. HOWEVER, we have heard a new company may be making a major announcement on new hardware that is OS 4 compliant."

Chuck

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #257 on: December 28, 2011, 10:23:53 PM »
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/commodore-usa-appoints-korey-kay-102977849.html

Thats a great example of cusa BULL**** right there. (and remember how long ago this bull**** was released!)

30 million dollar advertising budget, and so far all they've done is post home made videos to youtube. Oh they bought a mention on the tron dvd too.
(Then they stole footage from tron legacy in one of their youtube promo videos)

I guess since they bought a mention on the dvd, so they think they can steal footage from disney if they want.

Now they want to steal your money to fund their latest scheme.
Hey, they spent 30 million on advertising guys, so they have no funds for research and development.

:roflmao:

Offline Rob

« Reply #258 on: December 28, 2011, 10:46:26 PM »
Quote from: dammy;673238
Wireless Amiga keyboard as an example and I don't mean a cheapo keyboard with boingballs glued to the window keys.

I thought they'd be a making Amiga keyboards anyway.  I'll buy one if it has the 'A' keys and the Commodore logo is easily removable.

ChuckT

« Reply #259 on: December 29, 2011, 01:03:57 AM »
Quote from: Rob;673324
I thought they'd be a making Amiga keyboards anyway.  I'll buy one if it has the 'A' keys and the Commodore logo is easily removable.

I found permanent stick on labels sold at Amazon so everyone just needs Vice and about four dollars for labels.

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #260 on: December 29, 2011, 02:25:31 AM »
Thats a great idea.

I'm going to start commodore america now.

:)

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #261 on: December 29, 2011, 05:31:09 AM »
Quote from: ChuckT;673308
...As a user, I won't buy any Commodore USA products until this issue is resolved and I wouldn't trust a company that deals with Amiga Inc....

Chuck

+ 1 and well said (especially the second part of the statement);)
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #262 on: December 29, 2011, 06:15:52 AM »
Quote from: Rodomoc;673179
..... I think we need the original poster to say something more here.

It is a waste of time for the original poster to write more here, as there are the same few usual suspects that drown every thread that has any mention of CUSA with so much hate and crap that no sane discussion can take place.

I'm not saying that anything useful might happen, but it can't here with all the crap that is added to any thread that mentions CUSA.

I am quite sick of all of it and very tempted to click the "Ignore" button on every CUSA hater on this forum, just to be able to read threads without all of their crap all the time every day.  Their posts outnumber actual CUSA information about 100 to one.

Of course they will now attack me and say it is all CUSA's fault for using this site for their own free advertising site and they are Forced to post in retaliation.  It is all so very silly and childish.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 06:21:46 AM by amigadave »
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline mingle

• Show only replies by mingle
« Reply #263 on: December 29, 2011, 06:22:51 AM »
@amigadave

++1

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #264 on: December 29, 2011, 11:16:57 AM »
I do not want to start a new insulting thread but there are a lot of people in the community who do not trust Hyperion either and even hate them, so we should seperate feelings/emotions and business (and there are reasons to mistrust them too). For me it is the only question if there is a agreement possible that helps/benefits all parties "win-win" or not. I think the sales of their new "C64" are far below expectations so they want (perhaps) make it better with "Amiga". That is only one option, of course it can be a big cheat but if we do not take them seriously we will never find out. As I said CUSA is not the only company in amiga-business who made mistakes, we should make a new start now.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 11:31:22 AM by OlafS3 »

Offline swoslover

• Show only replies by swoslover
    • http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Relictronic-Boutique
« Reply #265 on: December 29, 2011, 11:33:51 AM »
Quote from: OlafS3;673367
I think the sales of their new "C64" are far below expectations

Do you have a source for this or is it just speculation?

An idea like this although great in theory will be difficult to bring to fruition.

The communitry is too splintered.  Too much self interest and ego.

The people constantly trolling with these anti cusa posts are getting tiresome.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 11:37:42 AM by swoslover »
A1200
CD32
A4000

Offline tone007

« Reply #266 on: December 29, 2011, 11:37:15 AM »
Quote from: swoslover;673370
The people constantly trolling with these anti cusa posts are getting tiresome.

It's OK, they won't be around much longer since CUSA won't!
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #267 on: December 29, 2011, 11:54:26 AM »
it is my personal view. I read the comments/answers after the "News" about the new C64. Almost every comment was negative (price too high, specification too low). Even the most positive comments said that the design is interesting but just for "retro" too expensive. And CUSA did not talk very positive about the community (comments on Aros f.e.) and all of a sudden they start a "Community-project". So something must have changed their minds. But everyone is able to learn :-)

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #268 on: December 29, 2011, 12:25:28 PM »
Quote from: ChuckT;673308
As a user, I won't buy any Commodore USA products until this issue is resolved and I wouldn't trust a company that deals with Amiga Inc.  

You mean a company that deals with Amiga Inc, like Hyperion or Cloanto?
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #269 on: December 29, 2011, 01:20:00 PM »
@amigadave

+1

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."