Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Next MorphOS version: 3.0! (Not 2.8)  (Read 12836 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Next MorphOS version: 3.0! (Not 2.8)
« on: November 07, 2011, 07:55:05 AM »
I'll make sure to forward your message on to the MorphOS Developer Team kolla, so they will be ready to provide the appropriate response to your "your all kinds of tricks".

@commodorejohn,

Provide your information about getting the internal Airport Extreme card working to the MorphOS Development Team, i am sure they will be interested in it, but it may take more than you think to access the internal Airport Extreme card from MorphOS3.0, I mean having a driver is not the only obstacle to getting wireless networking enabled using the internal Airport Extreme card, unless I am understanding the current situation incorrectly.  It would be great if a solution could be found to enable use of the Airport Extreme in the G4 PowerBook from MorphOS3.0, so please share what ever you know and have used from Debian to get it working with the MorphOS Dev. Team and I will hope for the best.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Next MorphOS version: 3.0! (Not 2.8)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 07:53:28 AM »
Quote from: Gulliver;667087
My gfx card and monitors work beautifully under OSX and Linux. The problem is only MOS related.
And regarding the proposed vga cable fix, it is not a good solution either, just read the thread.
I erased MOS from my HDD and installed OSX untill display problems get fixed. It is really annoying to resort to use an old CRT monitor in this age, just to get MOS display its Ambient screen.

I would not call this a MorphOS bug that needs to be fixed, just because it does not recognize your monitor DDC and MacOSX and Linux on the same computer hardware do.  They have slightly higher numbers of coders working on those two other platforms.  Isn't it more like a definition that needs to be added to be recognized by MorphOS, than a bug?  Granted this is over my head, so I am just guessing, but since MorphOS recognizes all of my monitors without any trouble, and I have several, I know that the monitor recognition part of MorphOS does work most of the time.

If I did not understand your problem from what I read in the thread you provided links to, then forgive me.  I have not experienced any of the problems you are describing on any monitor I have tried on my several MorphOS computers, crt monitors and lcd monitors.

I hope you can get the help you need from one of the MorphOS Developers to solve your screen settings problem that will allow you to use any monitor you wish to use.  Sorry I don't have the experience to help you.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 08:07:25 AM by amigadave »
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)