Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [A-EON updates] The "Golden" Child - Nemo revision 2.1  (Read 15085 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
Re: [A-EON updates] The "Golden" Child - Nemo revision 2.1
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 02:10:58 PM »
Quote from: Templario;653002
A little late for me!

That begs the question WHY !!!

Offline Tension

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 05:11:04 PM »
but when can joe public buy it?

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 11:06:43 PM »
Quote from: Franko;652986
Obviously you aint right in the head... :)

The C64x "COOL"... aye right... and so's my grannies old phonogram that I added a few LED's to so that while it gouged me old records to death at least it flashed some nice wee light while doing so... :rolleyes:

Why the frig is something "redundant" if it does run poxy Windoze or Crapple software !!!

It's an AMIGA it's meant to be different not another friggin piece of same old crap that you can buy in any high street store just to run bloated and naff software on... :)

Stick to you're overpriced C64 emulator and leave real computers to the rest of us... :D

The X1000 is standard PC components on a PCB inside a *generic PC case* sold at a *ridiculous high price* to brand name followers.

The C64X is standard PC components on a PCB inside a *very cool custom case* sold at *a quarter* of the X1000 price to brand name followers.

(Come to think of it - Having to run OS4 seems to be a suitable punishment for the people actually stupid enough of buying into the first option ;))
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 11:21:27 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;653087
The X1000 is standard PC components on a PCB inside a *generic PC case* sold at a *ridiculous high price* to brand name followers.

The C64X is standard PC components on a PCB inside a *very cool custom case* sold at *a quarter* of the X1000 price to brand name followers.

(Come to think of it - Having to run OS4 seems to be a suitable punishment for the people actually stupid enough of buying into the first option ;))

Really? By an X1000 today and sell for a profit in a few years time.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline TheDaddy

• Show only replies by TheDaddy
    • http://www.loriano.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 11:27:37 PM »

1) Suggestion...don't take on Franko :)
2) Erm...selling to brand name followers? You are a very confused person...CUSA anyone?
3) Your comments above are so wrong on so many levels

Offline kurkosdr

• Show only replies by kurkosdr
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 11:30:38 PM »
Quote from: Tension;653029
but when can joe public buy it?
It depends on how well the beta test stage will go, obviously.

Offline dreamcast270mhz

• Show only replies by dreamcast270mhz
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 11:33:32 PM »
Takemehomegrandma,

Don't throw stones if your house is made of glass, we are all Amiga fans and we shouldn't be quarreling, its like Vanilla vs. Chocolate, or maybe Toyota vs. Mercedes. Why do people buy a Mercedes? Because they like it. Don't shove your opinion down our throats, nobody will respect or take you seriously. Calling us stupid like you did is certainly not a mature way to handle a disagreement.
My machines:
PowerMac G4 MDD 1.5ghz 1.25GB 10.5.8 & MOS 2.7
Mac Mini C2D 10.6.8 2GHz 3GB 250GB HDD
MacBook Retina 16GB 256GB SSD 10.8
iPad 2
Underground Gamer invites (a classic game site) PM

Need a part for a PC or Mac? PM me, I\'ll let you know if I come across it.

OS X trumps Windows on every level.

MorphOS, OS4 and Classic Amiga systems are the only ones who are real \'Amigas\', not that joke AROS or Amiga Forever.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 11:36:23 PM »
I'm no X1000 supporter, but I missed the part where a PowerPC CPU is "standard PC components..."

I'll give $10 to the first person to run Dhrystone on one of these; I want to see how my $375 4x2.5GHz G5 stacks up ;D
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline spihunter

• Show only replies by spihunter
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 11:47:29 PM »
There is a reason I have takemehomegrandma on my ignore list here..........

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 11:48:59 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;652964
I don't know why but i can feel the emotion that has gone into the Nemo boards and this wants me wanting to go out and buy one because of this :)

This is a statement that I can completely agree with.  Purchasing an X1000 is an emotional action and I do not disagree with people satisfying their emotional needs, as long as they do it responsibly and still have money for rent and food after their purchases.

Congratulations to Trevor and all the people that have worked on this project to get it to this point.  I hope that the completion of OS4 for this board goes smoothly and quickly, so the eager people that want to buy an X1000 system are able to get a nice working system soon.

OS4 is not for me yet, and may never be in the future, but I am happy for the OS4 users that are so excited to have this new hardware to use.

Personally, I think that it is wise for anyone interested in the Amiga to look at all alternatives before making a purchase decision, but I don't want to diminish anyone's excitement in the X1000 announcement.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 11:56:43 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;653098
I'm no X1000 supporter, but I missed the part where a PowerPC CPU is "standard PC components..."

I'll give $10 to the first person to run Dhrystone on one of these; I want to see how my $375 4x2.5GHz G5 stacks up ;D

I'll give $100 (maybe more) to anyone that can get any Amiga-Like OS to take advantage of 2, 3, or 4 cores of your G5 system, or both CPU's in my Dual 2.7GHz G5 PowerMac system.

Until any Amiga-Like OS can run on your (or my) G5 PowerMac systems, the Dhrystone performance of OS4 on the X1000 compared to the Dhrystone performance of MacOSX, Linux, or any other OS on your G5 system, doesn't really interest me.

Offline cv643d

• Show only replies by cv643d
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2011, 12:00:14 AM »
They could spent 3 years porting 4.2 to Mac-Mini and everyone here could hop on the bandwagon for less money, community would explode again and the money from 4.2 would go into AmigaOS-x86.

Amiga world is like stocks at the moment, makes no sense lol :)
Amiga articles
"New shell. It was finished a while back, but I still see bugs, haha" - SSolie

Offline Tripitaka

• Show only replies by Tripitaka
    • http://acidapple.com
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2011, 12:10:50 AM »
Quote from: Leifern;652988
I just descided to get this, if it ever gets released. :P
I got a job yesterday, so hopefully I'll be able to save up enough by the time the X1000 is completed.

Is the est. still "north of €1500" ?

Congrats on the job, hope it works out. Amiga fandom can be an expensive hobby and it's nice to reward yourself. You never know, maybe the X1000 will come out just as you get the cash saved up for it.
Falling into a dark and red rage.

Offline buzz

• Show only replies by buzz
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2011, 12:26:14 AM »
Quote from: dreamcast270mhz;653096

Don't throw stones if your house is made of glass, we are all Amiga fans and we shouldn't be quarreling, its like Vanilla vs. Chocolate, or maybe Toyota vs. Mercedes.

or "amiga users are all equally stupid" :)

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2011, 01:47:58 AM »
Quote from: cv643d;653111
They could spent 3 years porting 4.2 to Mac-Mini and everyone here could hop on the bandwagon for less money, community would explode again and the money from 4.2 would go into AmigaOS-x86.

Amiga world is like stocks at the moment, makes no sense lol :)

If you are going to start expecting "Sensible Actions" from the Amiga crowd now, you are living in a dream world.

(by the way, I agree that Hyperion made a huge mistake by not completing the work to port to the G4 MacMini.  They could have had it finished long ago and would have 2 to 4 times as many OS4 users right now.  After the disappointing results of comparing OS4 to MorphOS on the same hardware, the Pegasos2, maybe Hyperion did not want to port to another machine where more comparisons would be made that would make OS4 look bad).

Offline dreamcast270mhz

• Show only replies by dreamcast270mhz
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 05, 2011, 01:55:27 AM »
X86 AMigaOS, something we don't need. If you want X86 use AROS or AMithlon and don't taint the red/blue camps.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 03:25:59 AM by dreamcast270mhz »
My machines:
PowerMac G4 MDD 1.5ghz 1.25GB 10.5.8 & MOS 2.7
Mac Mini C2D 10.6.8 2GHz 3GB 250GB HDD
MacBook Retina 16GB 256GB SSD 10.8
iPad 2
Underground Gamer invites (a classic game site) PM

Need a part for a PC or Mac? PM me, I\'ll let you know if I come across it.

OS X trumps Windows on every level.

MorphOS, OS4 and Classic Amiga systems are the only ones who are real \'Amigas\', not that joke AROS or Amiga Forever.