Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CommodoreUSA Partners with Disney  (Read 41305 times)

Description:

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
Re: CommodoreUSA Partners with Disney
« Reply #464 from previous page: April 05, 2011, 04:11:48 AM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;628171
Yeah - Mike was not on his A game that night and Walken does a terrible scots accent.

BUT it was the perfect analogue to this thread - this clip was about 6 minutes too long

It's a shame as I like Mike Myers and Chris Walken, but the "acting" was wooden as hell.  It was like watching a really, really, really bad school play.

Now if you want something funny and Scottish, then look no further than Fat Bastard!  :D
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #465 on: April 05, 2011, 04:12:35 AM »
Quote from: Damion;628183
@Franko and Magnetic

Why can't the two of you get a room and shag it out in private?

You arrange it mate and I'll gladly meet him... ;)

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #466 on: April 05, 2011, 04:14:44 AM »
Quote from: redrumloa;628180
As long as you can handle the vitriol and libel that comes with having a neutral opinion:crazy:

This whole situation has gotten out of control. And your stance is neutral, far more so then mine.
I've switched to a moderately positive position.

And now that Franko's decided to address every post mentioning C=USA, I've decided to mention them in every post.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Franko

« Reply #467 on: April 05, 2011, 04:15:40 AM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;628162
[youtube]KrQxQPG8JdE[/youtube]

Nah... if that really was a Scottish shop he'd never have given away free haggis and the change he give the customers would be on a piece of elastic, plus where's all the wee neds who hang about outside such shops drinking bucky and mugging the tourists... :)

Offline Iggy

« Reply #468 on: April 05, 2011, 04:29:17 AM »
Quote from: Franko;628188
Nah... if that really was a Scottish shop he'd never have given away free haggis and the change he give the customers would be on a piece of elastic, plus where's all the wee neds who hang about outside such shops drinking bucky and mugging the tourists... :)

And you can understand what both of them are saying. Definitely not Scottish.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline Franko

« Reply #469 on: April 05, 2011, 04:32:13 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;628197
And you can understand what both of them are saying. Definitely not Scottish.

True, plus they weren't using enough insults and swear words to be truly Scottish... :)

Offline Plaz

« Reply #470 on: April 05, 2011, 04:36:16 AM »
Quote from: redrumloa;628180
As long as you can handle the vitriol and libel that comes with having a neutral opinion:crazy:

Well I've got to be confusing plenty already. Curious to go see an operation putting out a product I've already called a boring clone.

I'm interested to know what comes after though. As much as I'm underwhelmed with a x86 that looks like a 64.... Barry's is surely thinking a few steps ahead. Curiouser and Curiouser.

Plaz

Offline Iggy

« Reply #471 on: April 05, 2011, 04:40:19 AM »
Quote from: Plaz;628201
Well I've got to be confusing plenty already. Curious to go see an operation putting out a product I've already called a boring clone.

I'm interested to know what comes after though. As much as I'm underwhelmed with a x86 that looks like a 64.... Barry's is surely thinking a few steps ahead. Curiouser and Curiouser.

Plaz

I sure hope so, 'cause I seen people putting these micro sized X86 boards in A500, A600, and A1200 cases for years so its not that original an idea.
That's one of the main uses for an Amiga to USB keyboard adapter.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #472 on: April 05, 2011, 04:52:10 AM »
Quote from: Plaz;628201

I'm waiting to see pricing and final specs myself. The initial specs I have seen were underwhelming. The hinted at price I have seen is on the high side. Not a great combination, we will see. Specs can be thin if the price is aggressive or price can be moderately higher if the specs have improved. Regardless if the case/keyboard is indeed available separately for a reasonable price I may get one.

BTW if you have any free time in South FL give me a shout. If I don't happen to be eating puppies I'll buy you a coffee or Coke Zero or something:)
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline EDanaII

• Show only replies by EDanaII
    • http://www.EdwardGDanaII.info
« Reply #473 on: April 05, 2011, 05:00:54 AM »
Quote from: WolfToTheMoon;627382
Strange since Hyperion seems to be managing that with a lot smaller resources. OK, maybe I haven't shown the best example in favor of that strategy :)

Don't mistake me for a Hyperion supporter, their strategy is just as baffling as C=USA's... Where we have C=USA delivering a product few Amigan's can call an Amiga, we have Hyperion producing a product few Amigans can afford. Net affect: an Amiga-like platform goes nowhere.
Ed.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #474 on: April 05, 2011, 05:11:47 AM »
Quote from: redrumloa;628208
If I don't happen to be eating puppies I'll buy you a coffee or Coke Zero or something:)

Puppies and Coke Zero! I knew it! Is this the official diet of secret C=USA moles? It is! Admit it!

Quote from: EDanaII;628212
Don't mistake me for a Hyperion supporter, their  strategy is just as baffling as C=USA's... Where we have C=USA  delivering a product few Amigan's can call an Amiga, we have Hyperion  producing a product few Amigans can afford. Net affect: an Amiga-like  platform goes nowhere.

So buy an Apple, and to quote the film xdellusion mentioned earlier tonight "Join Us" (MorphOS that is).

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #475 on: April 05, 2011, 05:12:18 AM »
This is the thread that never ends
Yes it goes on and on my friend.
Some people started posting ,
Not knowing what it was,
and they'll continue posting it forever just because...

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #476 on: April 05, 2011, 05:19:46 AM »
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!