Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: X1000 Nemo Rev. 2 Motherboard in Production  (Read 28086 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaNG

• Show all replies
Re: X1000 Nemo Rev. 2 Motherboard in Production
« on: March 19, 2011, 01:32:25 PM »
Quote from: Crom00;623064
Wasn't this suppose to be out last summer? I don't remember not trying to be sarcastic.

Yep, but its better late than never! :)

Good news, i really hope X1000 can restart momentum in the AmigaOS4 market even just a little.

Offline AmigaNG

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 05:21:50 PM »
Quote from: A1260;623280
5 (alpha/beta??) boards and no more.... thats what trevor said. so what momentum are you talking about here?... if these 5 boards do good they will make the boards for the beta testers, then finally there will be boards for us normal customers. how long this will take no one is sure of, but i guess it will happen in 2012 or 2013 at least.

I guess for you, you hope it would be, Better Never than Late :rolleyes:, I do think once the x1000 is finally out, (and I personally would be very surprised if its not out before the end of year) I do think the x1000 is going to bring new users to the OS4 market, give the market a much needed boost, i hope.

Offline AmigaNG

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 10:58:32 AM »
Quote from: jorkany;623463
Can you explain why you think that?
Because I believe :) But also because of some of details I've read in Amiga Future, because there does general feel that there is a lot more interest in this system than say the Sam systems, because I have talked too and seen a lot of users who have not say yet got an OS4 system (like myself) really consider getting this one, and because hardware wise it gives OS4 a much better future than being stuck on old Amigas or old Macs.

"It's almost 25 years since Commodore released the A1000 model that launched the line in the summer of 1985, and with the launch of the X1000 we will usher in a new beginning for the AmigaOS platform. Just as Commodore did with the A1000, we're aiming at the high-end first, with a powerful desktop computer aimed at the professional and serious hobbyist markets"

I see no problem their.

"The launch of the A1000 offered something new, and the X1000 will do the same."

How many other computers features a Xmos chip, Xorro Expansion Slot, and a Dual Core PA6T-1682M PPC 64Bit 2Ghz processor?

"the X1000 will once more make the AmigaOS platform the best choice for truly creative and unique applications. it is this return of AmigaOS to the high-end that truly ushers in a new beginning."

Hopeful we will see something unique with the Xmos chip and the power of the X1000 should be enough for any type of demanding app like Blender or Hollywood so basically hardware wont be the problem, it will be all software getting better GFX drives, making the OS Dual Core and writing the apps to take full advantage of the hardware is going to be the difficult part.