Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology CVBA and Varisys Ltd Announce Partnership  (Read 18458 times)

Description:

Offline dreamcast270mhz

• Show all replies
Quote from: TheGoose;565570
WTF is going on in here ?

Someone forgot to take their medicine I suppose, no... Make that several. It isn't really worth it and by now we need this thread locked, i understand I may not be a mod, but with all this bullshit between users intentionally causing trouble, the mods seem to be absentee as long as they can. Would it kill those who like to fight on forums to take it elsewhere, maybe to afterdawn or someother place where you can just duke it out? And will it kill the mods to step in and lock this before it gets like this? You all are always too late to these things, and let tasteless punks screw up a usually calm community. All I can say is for these morons who love to troll :STFU!
My machines:
PowerMac G4 MDD 1.5ghz 1.25GB 10.5.8 & MOS 2.7
Mac Mini C2D 10.6.8 2GHz 3GB 250GB HDD
MacBook Retina 16GB 256GB SSD 10.8
iPad 2
Underground Gamer invites (a classic game site) PM

Need a part for a PC or Mac? PM me, I\'ll let you know if I come across it.

OS X trumps Windows on every level.

MorphOS, OS4 and Classic Amiga systems are the only ones who are real \'Amigas\', not that joke AROS or Amiga Forever.

Offline dreamcast270mhz

• Show all replies
Re: A-EON Technology CVBA and Varisys Ltd Announce Partnership
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 04:25:36 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;565614
That's not the case, myself and Red very much still here. As a rule, we have a fairly relaxed moderation policy and expect users to be mature enough for the most part to not engage in this sort of petty bickering.

However, you'd be most unwise to take that as an open invitation to take the mickey. As the rules state, warnings are almost always given, but never twice to the same person.

Hmm, then you expect them to work it out amongst themselves, we'll see whether that works.
My machines:
iPad 2

MorphOS, OS4 and Classic Amiga systems are the only ones who are real \'Amigas\', not that joke AROS or Amiga Forever.

Offline dreamcast270mhz

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 05:48:45 PM »
Quote from: bernd_afa;566155

I think the amiga has a better chance of revival when Hyperion accepts that Haage and Partner changed from PPC to X86 and support that too...

Fixed it so it makes sense, but I find that highly unlikely. I have composed a sort of chart outlining the most likely future of the three Amiga-Like OSes:
Current                   Future
MorphOS PPC------> ARM & PPC (Or X86?)
AROS X86 & PPC--->X86 & X64
AOS 4 PPC---------->PPC

Thats the platform future of the three from looking at the way everything has gone. Of course, I cannot predict the success of each one, but AROS will probably join Linux, BSD and Haiku in the endless struggle against Windows, while MOS and OS4 will probably continue to go head-to-head for a long time, in time the MorphOS team will probably finish out the G4 and G5 line of support and either expand into the OS4 market of machines (As long as Hyperion has money they will find a PPC supplier) or look into ARM more likely than x86 as ARM machines have been proven to be cheaper. But I can't see Hyperion making too much of a profit
My machines:
iPad 2

Offline dreamcast270mhz

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 02:31:29 AM »
Quote from: Fats;566227
We (AROS) probably won't be able to make any dent in the Windows market share, true. But we'll most likely have a lot more installations than MOS+OS4 combined. I would already be content if we get to a few percent of the current Linux desktop installations ;).

greets,
Staf.

Maybe you will, the biggest advantage you all have is the ability to run on top of Linux. But I like OS4 and MorphOS better, I will be getting a mini from a friend soon, and i hope the X1000 does well, if it does take off at all, we will be blessed, but unless the PPC manufacturers get a better CPU in the next few years, we will fall behind again. :(
My machines:
iPad 2

Offline dreamcast270mhz

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 05:36:57 PM »
Quote from: bernd_afa;566453
I think a revival is only possible, when MOS or OS4 can produce new Hardware that is not higher as 20-30% in price by same performance as current systems.

I think that you speak some economic truth here, the main problem being PPC isn't mass-produced as much as 5-10 years ago, making it prohibitively expensive. Now, all we need is some new PPC to come out that is used in, lets say a DVD player that can match a Core Duo at least, and have a >1000 USD price tag. (A pipe dream)
My machines:
iPad 2