Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Score!! Saved a G4 Power Mac from the trash!!  (Read 5012 times)

Description:

Offline Nlandas

• Show all replies
Re: Score!! Saved a G4 Power Mac from the trash!!
« on: October 20, 2010, 08:52:14 PM »
I am glad you scored something that you can use. We are recycling our remaining Mac G5s. They can't run 10.6, new software and we are required by policy to recycle the units. We can't just take them and give them away.

Of course, not being a fan of the monopolistic, exclusionary, abusive company Apple - I think all Macs belong in a dumpster. I couldn't even bring myself to run Linux of MorphOS on one.

-Nyle

Quote from: spihunter;585870
Hey Folks,

Saved a G4 Power Mac form the trash at work today!. It was sitting on the floor of the graphics dept. They were going to throw it and a 22" cinema display out!. I'd like to install The new MorphOS 2.6 on it.

Specs:

800 mhz G4
1.5 GB ram
Dvd-rw
Nividia graphics card (not supported I know)
scsi card
wireless network card
80 gb harddrive.

I guess the first thing I need to do before installing MorphOS is to change the Graphics card.

I have several ATI graphic cards (7000, 9200) lying around. I'm guessing that I'm going to have to flash them for Mac compatibilty before they will work?.

Another question is, what is the best/most compatitble PCI sound card to use with MorphOS?. I wouldn't mind doing some sample editing and tracker work on this setup.
I think, Therefore - Amiga....