Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need help with PFS3  (Read 1497 times)

Description:

Offline mindfulTopic starter

• Show only replies by mindful
Need help with PFS3
« on: February 21, 2004, 04:42:17 PM »
Started up my computer this morning, and got the following message displayed in a requester:

Device :
Alert
Wrong ablock id:

So what does this mean?
And how do I fix the problem?

C:Info displays the partition as read only, with 2 errors...

I could not find the homepage of www.Greed.nl

Need help please....

Offline JKD

• Show only replies by JKD
Re: Need help with PFS3
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 04:46:36 PM »
Quickest fix is to copy all the files off to another partition, format and then copy them back.

Otherwise you might check out the pfsdoctor utility, although I'd suggest doing the above backup before using it anyway.

Steve

Offline Roj

• Show only replies by Roj
    • http://amiga.org/modules/mylinks/visit.php?lid=247
Re: Need help with PFS3
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 05:46:15 PM »
Along with PFS3 comes a tool in the PFS tools directory called PFSDoctor. Use it to fix your drive. It's fixed what few problems I've had with mine. If for some reason that fails, there's also DiskValid in the tools directory. Just type DiskValid FIX and everything should be back to normal. You might want to read up on the DiskValid command just to make sure you're familiar with it first though.

Another thing I'd suggest is, if you're working with a SCSI drive, make absolutely sure your termination is correct. The last time I've had drive problems was a long time ago, before I knew anything about SCSI. I didn't check close enough to make sure my chain was installed properly and I'd get drive errors with some frequency. Once I got that all straightened out I haven't had a drive problem since.
I sold my Amiga for a small fortune, but a part of my soul went with it.