Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Advice about ANIM+SLA format please.  (Read 1417 times)

Description:

Offline DigimanTopic starter

• Show only replies by Digiman
Advice about ANIM+SLA format please.
« on: May 30, 2010, 10:39:08 PM »
Hey there! :)

Bit of a cheeky first post sorry. I was really into the Amiga a long time ago in the  80s and my prized possession was a 9mb A2000 as a gift for passing my college courses with honors.

I used to spend hours and hours just doing sequenced animations from my realtime frame grabber and also messing about with Digi-view. Using 3 minute sequences of Vipers from Battlestar Galactica battle scenes as animbrushes in Dpaint 3 was great.

I recently got an Amiga again and learned of the IFF ANIM+SLA format, it allows sound (8bit mono or stereo sample) to be integrated with ANIM7/5 video. What I would like to know is this.....

Is there a program that supports the sequenced/split synchronised 8SVX sample playback mode.
Is there a program that will let me generate ANIM+SLA files in a form where the sound isn't loaded as a chunk at the start but played in realtime with the video in a synchronised fashion via synchronised packets interleaving the video delta frame from an ANIM5 or ANIM7 file...ie just like a normal movie clip today.

I know there is a player that only supports the other kind of audio playback (sample held in memory loaded at animation file header) called BigANIM 4.0

There is also a conversion utility from Moviesetter to ANIM+SLA format but again this is not doing proper interleaved audio playback in a method suitable for a traditional movie clip to be played back.

Hope someone knowledgeable can offer me some advice and point me to a program that can generate the files automatically from separate large ANIM files and 8SVX IFF audio samples. Also a program for playback of streaming video animation frame and audio frames via the hard drive not just loading all the sound in memory at once etc.

PS I already know there is a browser based Java player for PC/Mac which supports both types of audio playback within the animation, I think anyway, but this is about using an Amiga. It's pretty much a script to play with rather than an actual application to double click, and again it's only a player.

Offline Amiga_Nut

• Show only replies by Amiga_Nut
Re: Advice about ANIM+SLA format please.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 07:15:31 PM »
I had a look at this too, perhaps the standard was devised around the time Commodore went bankrupt as there doesn't seem to be any full price professional software to generate what you want? Before that CDXL for CDTV and CD32 was used by Commodore for the same sort of issue but CDXL is only 1/4 screen.

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 02:14:08 AM »
Sounds like it may have been given the lack of any information from such a large group of knowledgeable people here.

Would have been nice to see how well it actually runs in practice. Thanks anyway.

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 10:01:53 PM »
*bump*