Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AMIStore fails installation  (Read 1188 times)

Description:

Offline tiffersTopic starter

AMIStore fails installation
« on: July 28, 2019, 09:43:22 AM »
So ahh.. a couple of days ago, while trying to format a USB stick on my Windows PC, I ended up formatting the 1TB drive I keep a lot of stuff on (I was using Diskpart to clean up the partitions on the USB stick, and.. I'm a bit of a saddist).

That means that my OS4.1FE running in WinUAE environment was gone. I've setup a new configuration and completed the install, but when I try to get AMIStore installed, it gets to about 14% of the download, and fails:

I have re-downloaded the installer, and get the same error. It has worked before on this setup. I'm wondering if there's an actual issue with the server.

tiffers
Amiga FTW!

Re: AMIStore fails installation
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 12:37:54 AM »
Has anyone got a suggestion? Is there an official support email address I could try?
Amiga FTW!

Offline clint

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by clint
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 10:50:28 AM »

Offline nbache

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 11:25:10 AM »
@clint:

I'd say it's unlikely (but of course let tiffers be the judge).

That thread is about the AmiUpdate application, which is the OS4 tool for maintaining the OS4 system (even though it hasn't been used as such for some years) and the third-party applications which support it.

AmiStore and Updater are A-Eon's tools for buying, installing and maintaining their products, including the Enhancer package.

@tiffers:

BTW, on the AmiStore website, in the Account menu, there is a menu item named "Contact us". Maybe you can use that?

Best regards,

Niels
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 11:28:41 AM by nbache »

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 12:47:27 PM »
@tiffers:

BTW, on the AmiStore website, in the Account menu, there is a menu item named "Contact us". Maybe you can use that?

Best regards,

Niels

Hi Niels,

Thanks for your suggestion. I did send an email to them using this link, after you pointed it out.

The I remember reading somewhere about installing things from RAM: not working properly. So I extracted the installer to a temp drawer on a hard disk, and the install succeeded (I also made the install desination on my Work: drive, instead of SYS:Utilities, but I don't think this should make a difference.)

So, AmiStore, successfully installed!

Thanks all!
Amiga FTW!