Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Project Metropolis Now Available for AmigaOS 4.x, MorphOS 2.x, AROS & Classic Amiga  (Read 5656 times)

Description:

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show all replies
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
Two questions:

1) The fee to sell on the site is for one app or is it the ability to sell multipule programs?  IE, If I make a video player and a game, will I need to buy two licences to sell them?

2) Are you going to impliment a user database/login system?  If so, PLEASE incorperate a "Wish list" that is easily (simple link) distributed or posted on facebook or the like.

My biggest gripe with GOG.COM right now is that I'm stuck in Iraq and my birthday is right around the corner and it requiers jumoing through hoops to let people know what I want from them.

Postage takes forever, I have very limited space and Id have to mail it home after deployment.  An awesome, downloadable game would have been the perfect gift for the situation...:madashell:

Ahem, okay, now that I got that out of my system.  The WishList idea may seem odd since your store is more geared towards proffesional programs, but I've seem others that run sites put up wish lists that members could buy for the operator to show appreciation.  PLUS!  It's free advertisment. ;)

I have said too much...:lol:

GOOD LUCK!!!
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show all replies
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
Changed my mind; more to say ;)

1) Layout - System Selection.  Maybe a drop down menu to choose what system you're buying for.  The way things are now everything is clumped together and you have to search for the system requirements.

2) Layout - Categories.  (Just like 1)  I'm really excited that this will be more than just A/V programs, but once other software developers add their wares, being able to do a "AOS 3.X --> Games (or) MOS --> word processing" would help immensely!  Having something like this implemented BEFORE the software shows up would, I think, help you all from having a headache afterwards.

3) Layout - Presentation.  Create a uniform presentation for listed items pages.  Maybe it is just me, but the column system you have going is confusing and doesn't flow well.  Left-to-right displays would flow much better and could even give more precise categories.  A good example of this is the way Aminet is setup…

:( Sigh, I feel like I just beat up my best friend the way I "ripped" into your new site.  But I put these things out because I've either seen the issues they cause on other sites or feel they would help contribute to a smoother, faster transaction.

You guys at DiscreetFX rock and I hope this new site takes off for you and the communities!

Thanks again!
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?