Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who would like to see more games on the amiga  (Read 3876 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Who would like to see more games on the amiga
« on: June 09, 2009, 04:52:02 PM »
Quote from: kolla;510197
Moderns incarnations of old classics wold be cool, like rick dangerous
or cannon fodder with more modern graphics :laughing:
There is a modern incarnation of an old AmigaOS1.2 game "Millenium 2.2" (spelling wrong on the game title when released for the original and I think the new version too), but it is only for Windows.  It was written in Blitz Basic for a coding competition by a pair of guys and is fantastic, but the judges silently accused the pair of cheating, because they did not believe it could have been done in the short three days allowed for the competition, so it did not win.  That pissed off the pair of coders so much, they have been slow to write any bug fixes, or improvements to is since it was first written, but I did find them and sent some correspondence back and forth to them trying to get the source code so I could port it back to the AmigaOS4.1 and MorphOS2.2.  They have not agreed to let me have the source, but I have hopes that they will relent and give it to me in the future, unless they go back to work on it and release it commercially.

It can be found as a free download, but I can't remember where I found it and I can't pass on the version I have on my hard drive, because the guys that wrote it did do a small bit of bug fixing on it after I wrote to them and they sent me a new .exe file to replace the one in the download and I had to promise them I would not share it with anyone.

I hope some of you can find it and enjoy the remake of Millenium 2.2, as it is a fine game with great graphics and animation sequences that will blow you away when you see them (compared to anything you have seen in an Amiga game in the past).
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)