Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kickstart ROM Replacement (Phase I) Bounty Assigned  (Read 17900 times)

Description:

Offline dammy

• Show all replies
Re: Kickstart ROM Replacement (Phase I) Bounty Assigned
« on: October 15, 2010, 03:26:31 AM »
Quote from: Franko;584781
Finally took the time to find out what on earth AROS was all about, basically to me it's just like MorphOS, WarpOS or OS4.x.

After all the posts I've seen here on Amiga.org with people praising AROS, I can only say that I'm kinda disappointed, was hoping to find that it was something that would be useful to me on my various A1200s, or have I missed the point about AROS... :confused:

Unless I'm completely off the mark (it's been years since I help push this bounty into reality), the initial reason for this is to move forward on a FOSS kickstart ROM.  Once someone picks up and completes Phase2, then there will be zero need for any commercial software (kickstart or WB) in UAE.  

Can this be ported to individual Amigas for native running?  With alot of work, I don't see why it would be impossible.  AROS can be the life line for Amiga68K as future kickstart/wb upgrades.  Life for your old friend may not have to stop at 3.9, just takes a huge amount of work is all. ;-)
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.