Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Brand New Sam460ex  (Read 6941 times)

Description:

Offline Tomas

• Show all replies
Re: Brand New Sam460ex
« on: April 02, 2010, 11:04:25 PM »
Quote from: Fanscale;550884
A real board as opposed to the X1000. I don't think we'll be seeing the X1000 this year, probably not ever.

Where do you get that bullshit from? Are you accusing hyperion of lying through their teeth??

Offline Tomas

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 11:08:42 PM »
Quote from: redrumloa;550892
Interesting... Maybe I am reading too much into this, but no mention of OS4 license and availability for this board?

I doubt we have to worry about license now that amiga inc is out of the picture. I am more curious about how long it will take to port it to this board.

Offline Tomas

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 12:42:03 AM »
Quote from: gazgod;550907
Irrespective of my or anyone else's opinions of Hyperion, what do they have to do with the X1000? Apart from one guy from them been a partner in Aeon.

Gaz

Hyperion has already stated that they have a WORKING board. If the board does not exist, then that means they have been lying. They have also showed a linux screenshot of processes running on this said board.

Offline Tomas

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 12:43:07 AM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;550905
Not saying that they are this time (time will tell), but it would hardly be the first time if they were, now would it?

Please refresh my memory then? What exactly have hyperion lied about?

Offline Tomas

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 12:54:20 AM »
Quote from: cv643d;550922
wopps. .wrong.

You should read a bit on Moobunny if you want to see the dark side of Amiga companies actions :)

But remember, dont come to me crying when all you have been told to believe is not true ok :)

The place to go if you want to read misinformation by trolls.. :P I have to admit that there is a few interesting threads there though, but most of the shit there is just trolling..

Offline Tomas

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 12:56:57 AM »
Quote from: cv643d;550919
It is positive to see new hardware for 4.1. I even got interested again, after selling my Peg2 with 4.1 last year (and I payed 180 euros for that sweet little motherboard but felt even that was a bit too much).

Then áfter I read the news of new SAM I ended up on MooBunny, then I read about the MOS on Mac Mini experience above here.

Confusion set in, sorry, I dont get it and I am afraid to ask on aw.net, maybe I get my third warning there if I would (not that I really care, I am such a rebel -not-).

...but anyway, is it not in the best interest of 4.1 that it would be released for Mac Mini PPC to? Is the main reason you need to pay ~600 euro for the mobo (or 1000+ euro for x-computer) alone just so that Amiga dealers can force to sell 4.1 together with the mobo?
Amigaworld is not like it used to be.. You dont get banned for having a different opinion anymore. Amigans.net is pretty much what has replaced the old heavily moderated amigaworld.

Even the mods have very different views about OS4.1 and next generation hardware.

Offline Tomas

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 01:32:09 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;551022
Careful now, I don't think you really want to go there...

Actually i would like to know.. I know they went over the non promised deadline a few times, but that was not really entirely their fault was it??

Offline Tomas

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 01:34:35 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;551023
Not the slightest.

How is slapping on a bog standard controller chip "true to the original Amiga"? They could at least have used something suitable for desktops. If the max resolution is 1280x1024 and it has no 3D, then isn't it just dead weight that adds complexity and cost to the board? Everyone will use a "real" GFX card anyway...
I guess you would be happy about the board being even more expensive to make up for the extra cost of the gfx chip? Graphics cards cost nothing these days and this board takes any pci express card with driver support. What kind of games do we have that would even take use of a high end graphics card?

I bet you would drool over this board if OS 4.1 was replaced with MorphOS instead...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 01:38:13 PM by Tomas »