Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: www.softhut.com  (Read 17684 times)

Description:

Offline Firedawg

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: www.softhut.com
« on: June 12, 2009, 10:26:54 PM »
Quote from: cehofer;510896
Amikit is very responsive as well.  Software hut didn't have OS4.1 so I got it from Amikit.  They are kinda go overboard wrapping their products in bubble wrap but I would rather have that than a crushed item when it get here.

I believe your referring to Amigakit, and not Amikit, which is an Amiga environment software for a PC.  As for packaging from Amigakit, I have been thoroughly impressed with Amigakit's packaging.  To complete a A1200 tower project I had to obtain another A1200 board, which was purchased from Amigakit.  When the board arrived I found it safely wrapped in an antistatic sleeve with sufficient amount of bubble wrap enclosing it.  We are lucky to have such dedicated vendors for our hobby.  Thanks to Amigakit, Software Hut, Red's Retro Computing, etc. :)

The Dawg
Amiga 4000T/60 - A2000/60 - 1200T/60, Soldered Up 3 x Minimig 1.1, Mac Mini 1.5 Running MacOSX/MOS 2.7-Registered

Offline Firedawg

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 04:57:25 AM »
Quote from: VingtTrois;516764
Hello,

Here is some informations about one order to Software Hut...my feedback !!!

Name: a friend of mine (Maurice)
Product: GVP card + SCSI + 16 Mo Ram for AMIGA 1200
Date: 29 april 2009
Price: $286,90 with Paypal

No answer about delay, no answer about delivery. No tracking #...

Nothing nothing nothing since 3 months !!!

Joe, where are you ? What are you doing ?????? Where is the card ? Where is the money ?

Can we consider you as a thief ??? Make us think the opposite, in interest of of amiga community.

Thanks a lot.

I think thief is a very strong and offensive word to be using.  Yes, Joe has not been very responsive to updates concerning availability and the production issues concerning the accelerator cards.  For those who have requested a refund Joe has made good, so there is no thief about it, if you want to cancel your order request a refund.

The Dawg
Amiga 4000T/60 - A2000/60 - 1200T/60, Soldered Up 3 x Minimig 1.1, Mac Mini 1.5 Running MacOSX/MOS 2.7-Registered

Offline Firedawg

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 03:05:34 AM »
Quote from: tribz;516864
As an impartial observer, I dont think he did call him a thief. There is a subtle difference to the way it is phrased. It would appear from his post though that he has tried to contact him and has had no reply. Lets not be too quick to shoot him down for being concerned about his hard earned money.

Hmm, subtle difference in the phrasing?  Well, lets call it insinuating then, and where I come from its that same as calling him a thief, but taking more of a back door approach.

Give Maurice this telephone number 610-793-2354 and have him ask for Joe.  Surely, he has been reading these threads concerning the issues with the boards with the scsi on board.  I have given numerous updates along with others that have come from Joe, so information has been available.  My advise to Maurice is to cancel his order and request his money back.

The Dawg