Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MUI 5.0-2016R2 and MUI 4.0-2016R3 for AmigaOS4/PPC and AmigaOS3/m68k released  (Read 1115 times)

Description:

Offline Dandy

• Show all replies
    • http://www.wiehltalbahn.de/en/
Quote from: eliyahu;814730
via muidev.de....

The MUI for AmigaOS development team is proud to announce the immediate release of version 4.0-2016R3 as well as 5.0-2016R2 of the Magic User Interface for AmigaOS4/PPC and AmigaOS3/m68k.

Errrmmm - excuse my ignorance - but why would anyone care for version 4, if he alreaday can have Version 5?

What is the benefit of v4 here over v5?

If you release a v5, there should be absolutely no reason to release an older/infefrior v4 at the same time...

Really confusing.
Not to mention the doubtful value of all versions after v3.8, as they are not from the original author and noone can guarantee full compatibility to the original stuff (v3.8).

via muidev.de....

Like all former releases a keyfile is required to enable all available settings. Old keyfiles from MUI 3.8 can be used without any restriction.

What a cheek!
The author of the original stuff neither does sell keyfiles anymore, nor does he continue MUI development, and noone knows for sure if he hasn't fallen from the MountEverest with his mountain bike in the meantime.
So why for gods sake don't the muidev coders remove this requirement for a
v3.8 keyfile in the code of 3.9/4.x/5.x, if noone can buy this keyfile anymore?

via muidev.de....

Please note that MUI4 and MUI5 for AmigaOS3/m68k are definitely targeted at powerful systems with a fast CPU and a fast graphic board. Although it is still possible to run this release on a real 68k machine...

I think I can count my A4k with CSPPC and Voodoo4 among the fastest classic Amiga real machines that were ever built.
Nevertheless there are rumors that a 68060 @ 50 mHz is not really sufficient?
Hmmmm...
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me

If someone enjoys marching to military music, then I already despise him. He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him! (Albert Einstein)