Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Latest Vistapro for Amiga  (Read 3311 times)

Description:

Offline number6

Re: Latest Vistapro for Amiga
« on: April 03, 2007, 02:21:27 PM »
@Dragster

The last public general release for Amiga was VistaLite, for which the box was labeled VistaPro 3.0, but had an additional sticker (gold & black) attached indicating the new low ram requirement (2MB) version. Features were reduced as well to lower cost (company decision).
The last full version, which was issued prior to the non stripped down version was V3.05, an upgrade to V3.0.

Offline number6

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 06:10:26 PM »
@Dragster

Quote from another Virtual Realities Laboratories beta tester:

"Now, I also have a beta version of VistaPro, version 3.10o, that was never released. It included preliminary Picasso 96 screenmode capabilities for the output window."

But you were asking about public release I think. The above represents the last version I am aware of.
In fact VistaLite was a crossing over into their PC ventures and it was clearly printed on the box...
"Also available for IBM"

Note:The reason for a final stripped down version was the company belief that Amiga users would no longer pay the prices required for further development of the product on the Amiga platform.

Offline number6

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 06:38:04 PM »
@Dragster

Dragster wrote:
@Number6

(snip)

By the way, what do you mean by "another" beta tester? :-D

regards,

D.

I was a tester for Virtual Reality Laboratories and helped to edit their manual during this period.
Heh! They had to call their last manual back from the printer after they saw all my notes...