Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 101 reasons to love Windows Phone  (Read 9099 times)

Description:

Offline spirantho

Re: 101 reasons to love Windows Phone
« on: June 15, 2012, 02:48:02 PM »
Quote from: hbarcellos;696474

In 1 year from now, you'll see more smartphones with Windows than with Android...

I'm not a betting man but I'd put down several thousand dollars(1) that you're wrong.

There is no way that Windows phones (which are only really supported by Nokia, and aren't very good at that) will surpass Android and iOS now. It's an inferior product that doesn't have the marketing behind it, nor does it have the coolness factor or desirability. MS were a big player in the OS and office scene, but almost everything else they've tried they've been destroyed at (Microsoft Zune, anybody?)

(1) Zimbabwean dollars. Told you I wasn't a betting man.
--
Ian Gledhill
ian.gledhill@btinternit.com (except it should be internEt of course...!)
Check out my shop! http://www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/ - for 8-bit (and soon 16-bit) goodness!

Offline spirantho

Re: 101 reasons to love Windows Phone
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »
I read the Gizmodo "review". At first I thought it was just more MS sycophancy, then I read this:

But the Surface's cover also doubles as a full, extremely thin keyboard and multitouch trackpad, whereas the iPad's is just... a cover. This is a brilliant move on Microsoft's part—one of the most clever things it's ever squeezed out, and something that instantly makes Surface one of the most exciting devices we've eyed in some time.

If the fact that it has a cover with a keyboard built in is the most exciting thing in the world, ever to them, then they're obviously not interested in the same things as I am.

Forget battery life, forget power and compatibility, you can forget about the display, the smoothness of the OS - the point is it has a keyboard in the cover.

Obviously their list of priorities is different to mine.

Plus I seem to remember Gizmodo always tend to wax lyrical about MS products don't they?

Personally, I'll stick to non-MS devices if they're better. Yes - even if they don't have a keyboard built into the cover.
--
Ian Gledhill
ian.gledhill@btinternit.com (except it should be internEt of course...!)
Check out my shop! http://www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/ - for 8-bit (and soon 16-bit) goodness!