Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tower 57, pixel art Chaos Engine homage, coming to OS4, MorphOS, AROS  (Read 1344 times)

Description:

Offline klx300rTopic starter

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
Re: Tower 57, pixel art Chaos Engine homage, coming to OS4, MorphOS, AROS
« Reply #14 from previous page: February 28, 2017, 07:20:45 PM »
Quote from: Daytona675x;822827
@klx300r
Unfortunately online multiplayer on NG-Amigas won't happen, because a "black-boxed" commercial network gaming library has been chosen for that task.
In theory I could write a networking system myself, but sorry, no. This would also require a server to be set up, of course it would be incompatible to the other versions of the game, etc. And I really already spent much much much more time (and still have to) with that port than anticipated, due to the facts mentioned above.

For those who don't follow the progress reports on facebook, here's my youtube channel where I post progress videos from time to time:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Daytona675x

hey would have been great but honestly I'm just sooo happy and very appreciative you're bring this awesome game to may favourite OS ! thanks again for the honest explanations and updates and especially the hard work!
I'll be sending you a donation to at least buy you some coffees/beer for your efforts and I hope many Amiga users will do the same:)
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline Lord_Jenkins

• Show only replies by Lord_Jenkins
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 11:58:44 AM »
Can't wait for the game to be finally released (I think there is no final release date, yet?)! I played the exclusive Humble Bundle E3 demo and loved the artstyle and coop mode! Bring it to me!! :)

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 11:09:56 PM »
Quote from: slaapliedje;816393
Yes, but if you look at those screenshots, it looks more like something the Amiga would do if you were trying to create graphics on AGA.  Any of the other systems would be pretty much the same, wouldn't they?  

They pretty much all use Radeons (except for AROS which can run on anything) and most of the driver is probably written around the same open source stuff from Linux, right?  

Anyhow, I know it's wishful thinking, from what I've seen of the particles and such on screen in their initial demos, unless they cut all of that out, an older 68k system wouldn't be able to handle it.

Now if only MorphOS would add nVidia 5200 support so I would have a use for this iMac sitting here...

No....I can't even convince the developers to support PCI-E G5 PowerMacs because they think they already support too many platforms.
Nvidia graphic cards would just be too foriegn to bother with.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Templario

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 08:03:36 PM »
Well, when the game will finished, I'll try to buy the MorphOS version.
Amiga 500 with ROMs 1.3-2.05 and M-Tec AT 500 with hard disk and 4MB Ram.
WinUAE + Original OS 3.5&3.9
Sam440ep 800 MHZ + OS 4.1 F.E.
Sam460ex 1 GHz + OS 4.1 + Update 6. K.O.
MacMini 1.5 GHz + MorphOS 3.9
PowerBook G4 1.65 + MorphOS 3.9