Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology Acquires Personal Paint  (Read 10816 times)

Description:

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show all replies
    • Ultimate Amiga
Re: A-EON Technology Acquires Personal Paint
« on: November 28, 2014, 02:36:12 PM »
Quote from: buzz;778489
I suggest everyone uploads lots of copies to their favourite hosting sites to avoid losing this software that has been freely available for years.

So what your saying is, if cloanto decided to remove their software from Aminet. They are not allowed to? So you own the software?

So I think we can see that Aminet is finished now because one peice of software removed.
People in my opinion and just taking this opportunity to jump on the band wagon.
Bet half have not even heard of PPaint.

Obviously Im going over the top. This how crazy it all is.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 02:38:48 PM by F0LLETT »
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline F0LLETT

• Administrator
    • Show all replies
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 02:45:08 PM »
Quote from: buzz;778491
no. i said it was stupid to remove it, and if people want access to this software that has been freely available for YEARS they should keep some copies around / available.

Fair enough.

However you really need to read the threads. It will be available in the future again.
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

"Chris is that you!!!"

Offline F0LLETT

• Administrator
    • Show all replies
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 12:25:43 PM »
Quote from: Minuous;778603
But it looks like it was A-EON after all behind the removal from Aminet, and then they falsely tried to blame Cloanto for it: "will continue to make historical version of Personal Paint available for free download and that includes the version of PPaint that Cloanto removed from Aminet." and then silently edited their post later to remove this false claim without any explanation.

Obviously he made a mistake.

I still fail to see what the issue is here. Its gone from Aminet, live with it.
It will still be available from Amistore server as a free download.

So lets sum up, its moved from one location to another.
So nothing has changed, still not seeing the issue here.

"Chris is that you!!!"

Offline F0LLETT

• Administrator
    • Show all replies
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 12:58:05 PM »
Quote from: Minuous;778611
I have done so, and I continue to do so, as a quick glance at Aminet or my site will indicate. (Or I can list them all here for you.) Are you suggesting I have done otherwise?

I never said they shouldn't develop new versions of PPaint and sell them.

Maybe or maybe not; certainly the profit margins on those machines are excessive. So if they can't turn a profit, maybe they should rethink their business model, eg. to go to open hardware, as people have been suggesting for years. But that's another topic.

I believe that even the members of our community who dislike the products currently available from A-Eon, or who dislike the decisions they have made on the direction they support AmigaOS4.x users (which is not the only part of the community they support), would agree that Trevor and A-Eon deserve some credit for at least attempting to do something, while so many others just complain and do nothing.

I never asked him to leave the community, I don't see where you are getting this idea from. But clearly it doesn't help the community to remove software from Aminet like this without warning, and then lie about it.

Here's what has happened:
a) A-EON pressures Aminet to remove software.
b) I and others blame A-EON for doing this.
c) A-EON says "Also we will continue to make historical version of Personal Paint available for free download and that includes the version of PPaint that Cloanto removed from Aminet." thus attempting to shift blame onto Cloanto.
d) I accept his words as truth, apologize for thinking it was A-EON at fault, and blame Cloanto.
e) Further information comes to light proving it was A-EON all along, and that they have lied.
f) A-EON edits post to remove false claim without explanation.

That makes me pretty angry, that he spreads lies like this, he should not blame other companies for the actions of his company, it's just a matter of professionalism. It's not a matter of liking the products or not. I don't believe I have made any accusations that are false (except blaming Cloanto, which was based on taking A-EON at their word, a mistake I won't make again), maybe you could give an example...?

Your just going to keep going on about this.
Trevor obviously made a mistake and corrected as its not fair to cloanto.

I can see we are not going to get any where here. As you will continue to ignore posts and post what you want.

"Chris is that you!!!"

Offline F0LLETT

• Administrator
    • Show all replies
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 03:06:41 PM »
Quote from: Thorham;778623
So much drama about something we don't own :rolleyes:

+1

Quote from: Rob;778625
Lots of software has disappeared from the Amiga scene over the years, both commercial and freeware.  Should we start hosting all software in other places just in case?  Would someone be justified in cracking MorphOS because Ralph might one day stop selling keys?

People seem to forget that Cinemaware removed their games (without warning) they had free on their site for 5+ years.
Did I moan, nope. It was a case of oh well. Now they are selling updated games, wings and soon rocket ranger.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 03:09:01 PM by F0LLETT »

"Chris is that you!!!"