Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The future of Amiga.org ...?  (Read 24109 times)

Description:

Offline kvasir

• Show all replies
    • http://watertonian.freeiz.com/1200brag/index.html
Re: The future of Amiga.org ...?
« on: August 20, 2009, 12:23:41 AM »
@Wayne

Finally found the time to read this thread, and wanted to throw in my thanks for this site, I've been on here since around '04 or '05, through some pretty tough times. As an alcoholic who quit drinking in '05, I looked to my old Amiga 1200 as a positive hobby to get back into, and as such have been sober since. This site has been an invaluable resource in my Amiga tinkering pursuits, and if not for my wife and daughter occupying most of my time (As it should be), I would try to scrape up the $10k you would need, especially if you have family you would rather spend time with rather than a keyboard. (I tend to do both, which explains the random characters seen on some of my e-mails. 2y/o daughter likes banging on the keyboard :-D) Anyway, I'm in such a financial rut right now that I can only wish you the best and hope you get what you're asking for with the site. I personally think its worth it! (And I do feel rather guilty about not being able to donate any $$$... been like that for awhile here)
--
Amiga 1200T 68060 50MHZ 192MB Fast
 40GB IDE, 100MB Zip, CD/RW, DVD/Rom
 Mediator+ 4MBSVGA, Soundblaster, 100mbps Ethernet
 Subway USB+ endless list of gadgets :-D
My full specs

Offline kvasir

• Show all replies
    • http://watertonian.freeiz.com/1200brag/index.html
Re: The future of Amiga.org ...?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 02:20:53 AM »
$US13 would probably be doable here, even. (Stating this before asking the wife, which is dangerous at best :) ) I also would like to re-assure you I fully understand being burned out on Amiga. Lawsuits, vaporware, "spin-offs" seemingly developed out of sheer frustration of progress (or lack thereof). Its sites like this this that help alleviate frustration from the bad news, and allow Amiga users to band together despite lack of any "formal" leadership. That alone is more than I would want to put a price tag on, $10K or not. As well as whatever 3rd party software/hardware was developed simply because people in a global community have an easy way to collaborate. Any of the forums would have provided this, but this one has always been friendly and a pleasure to visit. If somebody sets up a paypal donation, I'll certainly put what I can in it. This isn't asking too much considering how my "hobby" pulled me through some turbulent times (mentioned in prev. post),  and this site had much to do with finding information I needed to learn some truly interesting things about it.

Wayne, I certainly respect and back your decision, and personally, I would walk away from Amiga when the memories will be fond, rather than wait until being embittered about it, there are too many good things the Amiga community has accomplished (and you promoted with this site) to remember. I truly hope none of my comments are not interpreted negatively, they're not intended as such. If what I've seen in the Amiga community in the past persists, I'm sure A.org will live on. (And not host spanish speaking women infatuated with the number "sesenta y nueve", though I'd probably still drop in if that was the case :lol: )  Joking aside, the 15 years you put into this are appreciated, and again I wish you luck in whatever pursuits you follow.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 02:23:23 AM by kvasir »
--
Amiga 1200T 68060 50MHZ 192MB Fast
 40GB IDE, 100MB Zip, CD/RW, DVD/Rom
 Mediator+ 4MBSVGA, Soundblaster, 100mbps Ethernet
 Subway USB+ endless list of gadgets :-D
My full specs