Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wayne joins Genesi  (Read 8881 times)

Description:

Offline alx

Re: Wayne joins Genesi
« Reply #14 from previous page: July 28, 2003, 07:30:45 PM »
Developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers ...

Thanks to that video, everytime I heard someone like Ben Hermans mention "developers" at Amiwest, I almost expected them to go around the room going the "developer stomp" :-o  :-D

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2003, 08:31:38 PM »
and I was there to see it all happen (the t-shirt throw! :-D )
anyway, Wayne seems VERY happy to be with Genesi.....
but my impression is that Everybody at Genesi are happy to be there!!!
had a great time. :-D
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline Vincent

• Show only replies by Vincent
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2003, 11:37:52 PM »
I'm surprised no-one's submitted this for news :-?
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel

Offline strobe

• Show only replies by strobe
    • http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache:7XQQZXN3cS4C:www.amiga.com/corporate/amigadepartypack.shtml
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2003, 01:59:55 AM »
Most people don't even know what makes those Steve Balmer videos so funny (monkey boy and developers).

For example IIRC 21 seconds into the monkey boy video he lands akwardly on his leg and yelps like a little girl then limps afterward.

The developers video is funny because he's trying really hard to get his audience to clap. He almost faints but his audience takes pity on him and starts to clap. Balmer is so proud of his accomplishment he congradulates himself.

Of course this clip is even funnier!!!

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2003, 02:30:00 AM »
Cecilia,

It was great meeting you.  I just got in off the airplane.  I'm simply sorry that by Sunday afternoon, I was so exhausted as to seem unattentive.  I was having a great time with ImageFX on the Pegasos and like you, I couldn't crash it (the Pegasos or ImageFX) either.  :)

@To those critical of the Genesi demonstrations,
In regards to the demonstrations we (Genesi) put on on both Saturday and Sunday.  

-- In regards to hardware.
Friday afternoon when we received the hardware from Europe, it was readily apparent that the shipping company had practiced the "UPS drop testing" on the show crates that we had bought and carefully assembled.  When we opened the machines, we found problems ranging from dislodged CPU cards (sitting on top of the power supply) to hard drives that had been given such a jolt as to literally break hard drive screws holding them in place.  

My Team and I worked diligently for over 15 hours that day (and were still working when asked to leave the show floor at 3 am) to restore those machines with both new parts, and reloaded operating systems.  While it would be folly of me to suggest that the boxes on the show floor were 100% stable (due to the damage sustained), the fact that we were able to restore them to usability was a testament to both their durability and design.

Most motherboards, whether top-shelf ASUS, Gigabyte or even FIC would not have taken such damage and still run the next day.  In fact, vast majority of the show visitors who came by our booth were unable to crash the machines when they were playing with them.  

Remember folks, packing and shipping fully assembled machines across the world isn't as easy as it looks.  We will do better next time.

@Everyone else,
Thanks for the support.  It seems, interestingly enough, that the only people who are not supportive of my decision are those who have already left this site for more, shall we say, "sequestered quarters..."

All in all, the task in front of my team and me is monumental, but extremely exciting.  I would never have considered leaving Amiga.org for such a position unless I was 100% positively convinced that Team Genesi has the vision, the initiative, the spirit, and the drive to take us into the future.

Look for the SuperBundle page and MorphOS sites this week.

Wayne Hunt
Genesi USA

Offline greenboy

• Show only replies by greenboy
    • http://PhiNiXi.com
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2003, 07:21:56 AM »
You got it right, cecilia :  }   Bill Buck and Raquel Velasco actually have the patience to let worthy participants from the 'hood experiment and define the team - so it isn't just about the pay. Right now some of the results seem to be "variable" { ; } and I bet Wayne is going to be useful tightening up the show approach here in the US {from now on he'll likely have more than a few minutes of advance warning ; } - as well as contributing to webwork and managing the workload to the advantage of all.

...Funny thing: several times hanging out with Wayne he opened up personal conversations with, "Back when we were enemies..."  I just had to laugh bigtime because he never tried to screw me over much at ALL back then, though he made it very evident where our diverging opines were defined ; }

- And while I'm feeling strongly about my AmiWest lifetime friendship experiences, I'd also want with you at upcoming events to continue our lengthy discussions on multimedia software approaches and gui design - or maybe just what kind of restaraunts should be within, er, hopping distance ; }

So good to meet you - and congrats to Wayne!
<-- greenboy ---<<<<

Offline Warface

• Show only replies by Warface
    • http://www.spacehawks.hu
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2003, 11:13:52 AM »
Wishing luck Wayne!

Just stay who you are and always were! :-)

Offline FarQuad

• Show only replies by FarQuad
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2003, 01:21:42 PM »
Congrats Wayne.  It was great hanging out with you at the show.  Good luck.

// FarQ

Offline 420Dude

• Show only replies by 420Dude
    • http://www.hightimes.com
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2003, 02:26:09 PM »
cool!
   does that mean my BOnG Hit posts/threads will no longer be deleted?

[color=00CC00]Aaaaalright![/color]

ps- how wuz the smoke at the show? any high quality strains rotating around? anybody "hotbox" thier hotel rooms?
\\"From the East-coast to the West-coast;
everybodyz been drinking,
                 but I\\\'m the one whos been puffing most\\"
                                                    B-Real, CypressHill IV

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2003, 09:49:35 PM »
@420Dude

No we will still delete you if you go overboard. There was NO smoking at the show, some herbal tea was the strongest substance there :-)
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2003, 11:33:08 PM »
Yo! Yo! Yo! Wayne and greenboy: my homies!!!! :-D

really, this is turning into some sort of love-fest :-P

(ps, my knee is improving)

redrumloa wrote:
There was NO smoking at the show, some herbal tea was the strongest substance there :-)
well, someboy from the peg team gave me a bit of Morgan's Rum......make of that what you will.... :-D  :-D :lol:
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline Targhan

• Show only replies by Targhan
    • http://www.geocities.com/targhan_aga
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2003, 02:37:26 AM »
@cecilia

Shhh.. Don't mention the hooch! :-P
Regards,
Targhan