Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Raodshow Demo Setup?  (Read 2542 times)

Description:

Offline mrmoonlight

• Show all replies
Re: Raodshow Demo Setup?
« on: December 28, 2016, 09:39:38 PM »
Here we go
Well,  it starts with unpacking the Roadshow archive, which I assume you've  already done. The next thing is to run the installation script by  double-clicking on the "Install_Roadshow" icon.

If you have used this type of installation script before, you might want  to run it in "pretend to install" mode to get an idea of what happens  during the real installation. In "pretend to install" mode the  installation procedure goes through all the steps of a real  installation, and it writes a log file which details what would happen.

Of course, you still need to run the installation script for real.  Assuming that you do, and assuming further that it actually succeeds,  you need to take one more step to make your system operational: you need  to choose which network interface should be used.

You wrote that you are using an EasyNet PCMCIA Ethernet card. I believe  that Roadshow ships with a configuration file which supports this card.  Here is how you would set it up after you have installed Roadshow:

- Open the "Storage" drawer of your Workbench volume
- Inside the "Storage" drawer, open the "NetInterfaces" drawer.
- In the "NetInterfaces" drawer, find the file "3c589"
- When you have found the file, do not close the drawer. We are going to  open another drawer which the file "3c589" should be moved to
- Open the "Devs" drawer of your Workbench volume
- Inside the "Devs" drawer, find the drawer "NetInterfaces"
- In order to set up the "3c589" network interface, drag the file from "Storage/NetInterfaces" into "Devs/NetInterfaces"

After you have dragged the "3c589" file into the "NetInterfaces" drawer,  inside the "Devs" drawer of your Workbench volume, you should be ready  to go. Note that you have to have the network driver software installed  which the "3c589" file references. That software should have shipped  with the EasyNet PCMCIA Ethernet card and you may still have to install  it. Note that Roadshow does not ship with this driver. Roadshow only  ships with an instruction file that tells Roadshow how to use the driver  (the "3c589" file mentioned above).

The network interface configuration file "3c589" is responsible for  making your Ethernet card useful for Roadshow. If the Ethernet cable is  correctly plugged in, and your router is configured to allow for  Roadshow to request a dynamically assigned address, you should be able  to restart your Amiga now and Roadshow will use your Ethernet card.

This is basically how it ought to work out.

Does this sound helpful to you? Please ask if you need to know more.      

Back to top       PDF                                                          
                                              scarrabri    
    AFF Anwärter    

Posted: 29.04.2013 - 19:23    Post subject:                                                                                                   olsen wrote                             scarrabri wrote               Hi no i have not installed any thing yet i want to know where to go and what to edit ,or add or alter ,lol                        
Careful, are we?

Well, it starts with unpacking the Roadshow archive, which I assume  you've already done. The next thing is to run the installation script by  double-clicking on the "Install_Roadshow" icon.

If you have used this type of installation script before, you might want  to run it in "pretend to install" mode to get an idea of what happens  during the real installation. In "pretend to install" mode the  installation procedure goes through all the steps of a real  installation, and it writes a log file which details what would happen.

Of course, you still need to run the installation script for real.  Assuming that you do, and assuming further that it actually succeeds,  you need to take one more step to make your system operational: you need  to choose which network interface should be used.

You wrote that you are using an EasyNet PCMCIA Ethernet card. I believe  that Roadshow ships with a configuration file which supports this card.  Here is how you would set it up after you have installed Roadshow:

- Open the "Storage" drawer of your Workbench volume
- Inside the "Storage" drawer, open the "NetInterfaces" drawer.
- In the "NetInterfaces" drawer, find the file "3c589"
- When you have found the file, do not close the drawer. We are going to  open another drawer which the file "3c589" should be moved to
- Open the "Devs" drawer of your Workbench volume
- Inside the "Devs" drawer, find the drawer "NetInterfaces"
- In order to set up the "3c589" network interface, drag the file from "Storage/NetInterfaces" into "Devs/NetInterfaces"

After you have dragged the "3c589" file into the "NetInterfaces" drawer,  inside the "Devs" drawer of your Workbench volume, you should be ready  to go. Note that you have to have the network driver software installed  which the "3c589" file references. That software should have shipped  with the EasyNet PCMCIA Ethernet card and you may still have to install  it. Note that Roadshow does not ship with this driver. Roadshow only  ships with an instruction file that tells Roadshow how to use the driver  (the "3c589" file mentioned above).

The network interface configuration file "3c589" is responsible for  making your Ethernet card useful for Roadshow. If the Ethernet cable is  correctly plugged in, and your router is configured to allow for  Roadshow to request a dynamically assigned address, you should be able  to restart your Amiga now and Roadshow will use your Ethernet card.

This is basically how it ought to work out.

Hi this is what the writer of the wonderful Roadshow wrote for me and it worked a tret
Does this sound helpful to you? Please ask if you need to know more.        

Hi this is what the writer of Roadshow wrote for me to help me get it going ,i hope this helps you ,best wishes Brian

« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 09:44:02 PM by mrmoonlight »
Amiga 1200 E-Matrix 32 bit Fast-Ram 20 gb wd harddrive
Amiga 1200 Compact Flash CF IDE Back Plate Adapter

Hisoft promidi Interface
MP3 MAS player
Amiga 600
ACA620EC Accelerator Kipper/type
CF 4GB
C/F HD
 Pioneer CD/DVD
Hisoft promidi Interface