Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Licensing Kickstart ROMs for Raspberry Pi  (Read 25865 times)

Description:

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
Re: Licensing Kickstart ROMs for Raspberry Pi
« on: July 13, 2012, 12:18:53 AM »
The truth, the real truth is no one can prove legal ownership of the kickstart roms. If someone could, they would have done so. Instead, each time this question comes up, the amiga grave robbers still profiting from selling these ancient rom files are deadly silent.

I'm glad the aros kickstart roms will soon end this bull****. I hope they will continue to improve and provide a level of compatibility that will mean the old actual amiga kickstart roms are no longer needed.

I don't believe the pi has enough horsepower to adequately emulate an amiga without alot of dropped frames, skipping sound and so forth, but I could be wrong... If there was an optimized aros distro just for PI, it may be able to emulate classic apps without problems, but I'm not sure it would deal well with very demanding aga games and so on...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:21:24 AM by haywirepc »

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 07:02:40 AM »
NICE. Thanks DJOS.

I am downloading this torrent now. I do own amiga forever, but its nice to just have the roms for linux uae or whatever else I want without using those.

In my view after buying some 10 amiga computers over the years, I think I'm morally fine just downloading and using the roms to emulate my old software collection.

Of course, other people would call that piracy. Those people are either amiga grave robbers or have some connection to them.

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 06:57:06 PM »
Now I really have to buy a pi... I was going to anyway, but with all the amiga stuff with them, its a great little board to play with.

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 06:03:21 AM »
As I have stated before no one has ever proven ownership of the roms since the fall of commodore. I say by now, these files are public domain, and so should everyone else.

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 03:21:43 AM »
Shhhh... The amiga grave robbers will hear you.

Don't you know those people expect to make a living off a corpse for the rest of their lives?

:laugh1:

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 06:55:39 PM »
From extensive research I found WinUAE only needed Pentium III 600mhz for OCS/ECS and Superstardust AGA needed 850mhz. These were laptops running Win XP SP1 in 2007ish.

I'm not sure how fast the Pi is.

With what settings? I've always found it needed 2ghz+ to be smooth...

AGA games like superstartdust aga run best with 2.4 ghz+

Maybe thats just me, I didn't ever tweak settings very much...