Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The most LONG-LIVED Amiga games...  (Read 4822 times)

Description:

Offline Ilwrath

Re: The most LONG-LIVED Amiga games...
« on: August 04, 2007, 06:09:51 PM »
Hmm.... Things (that haven't already been mentioned) I still go back and play when I'm on an Amiga....

- Nuclear War
- Stunt (Track|Car) Racer (null-modem networked is a blast!)
- Fury of the Furries
- Shadow of the Beast series
- The Settlers (two player/two mouse mode is particularly excellent!)
- Super Stardust (which is now out in a new version on PS3?)
- Project X

And I'm sure I'm still forgetting plenty, as well...

Offline Ilwrath

Re: The most LONG-LIVED Amiga games...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 07:20:18 PM »
For sure... Plenty of greats we forget.
- Star Control (DUH! You'd think I'd remember THAT one!)

And lesser known ones that still offer some great play value:

- Starflight (was quite an amusing little space exploration / trading sim type thing)

- Big Business (The game itself is humorous in the research, corporate espionage, marketing, etc...  And the news headlines... "US Department of the Obvious study determines that large sums of money can be valuable!"  Then add in the fact that after playing for a little while the entire economy of the game glitches and goes pear-shaped, so you have people getting loans of billions of dollars from their parents...  This entire game usually results in laughter so hard someone loses beverage through the nose.)

- Conflict! (A rather simplistic but entertaining Middle East political simulator where you control Israel and try to bring stability to the area...  Mostly text-based but you inherit a difficult set of situations each time, trying to find the best ways of dealing with the unhappy people in the West bank, Lebanon, Egypt, Syria, etc...)