Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore OS Vision  (Read 9084 times)

Description:

Offline number6

Re: Commodore OS Vision
« on: February 18, 2014, 03:34:46 PM »
Quote from: CritAnime;736078
It's a defunct project. No one is maintaining it and it was superseded by just about every other distro available. Best off downloading Mint and installing vice and uae yourself.

Apparently someone is trying to pick up the idea. There are a couple of paragraphs about it here:

Source

Offline number6

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 02:26:00 AM »
Quote from: Constantine64;759155
I was searching "Amiga" on Google News and came across a Spanish article talking about it and it linked me to that ebay auction. I don't know who in the right mind will spend that kind of money on such a thing.

What a coincidence. It was dated today and I stumbled on it as well.

http://www.unocero.com/2014/02/18/el-fracaso-de-la-amiga-mini/

Offline number6

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 09:51:09 PM »
Quote from: Constantine64;759179
Wasn't this called the Vic Mini by CUSA, not "Amiga Mini"? I thought the Mini was completely silver. (going by an unboxing I saw on YouTube)

No. It may not be obvious if you just glance at the picture, but the Amiga branding is top/center of the case.

The Vics were AIO, iirc, much like the C64x.

Offline number6

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 10:38:06 PM »
Quote from: CritAnime;759211
Well...

There were initially two Mini systems released which were both the same chassis just different colours. The black  was the Vic Mini, which was a Atom based system, then there was the silver Amiga Mini. The Vic was replaced by the Zotac, which is the one on ebay, which then became the Amiga Mini. The other was a AIO called the Vic Slim which also had a "pro" version which was a silver cybernet system to start with then got replaced by the same Vic slim but with a better onboard graphics card and more RAM.

it should be noted that the Vic Mini was only a flash in the pan thing and was rolled into the Amiga Mini lineup shortly after announcement.

https://twitter.com/AmigaGamesInc/status/388353486955360256/photo/1

I'm still amused that Amiga Games Inc. claims this as part of their history, when Amiga Games Inc. has no history prior to mid last year. heh.

Offline number6

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 04:41:23 PM »
Quote from: dukzcry;767131
Wish they'd take over the Amithlon and use it for their Amiga® line, instead of putting that "Linux with emulators" :(

If you have interest in Amithlon, then this might be worth following

Currently, it is a somewhat popular topic:

ARIX