Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [feel good] Old amiga testimonial  (Read 1306 times)

Description:

Offline Tenacious

• Show all replies
Re: [feel good] Old amiga testimonial
« on: March 03, 2010, 05:10:36 PM »
I think he was right on target with some of this.  I particularly agree that we can continue fine without being compelled to embrace memory management and virtual memeory  (some computer science major is always lamenting this).

As always (my broken record text), I'll also point out the usefulness of virtual devices, RAD: and especially RamDisk:.  I love that AmigaOS is not saddled with a registry file or equiv.  

He mentioned his trust in the system.  Lately, in the U.S., there has been a lot of flap about a school spec,ing a particular laptop with a built-in camera for it's students.  The IT ppl of the school installed anti-theft software and put the camera under their control.  During a moment of confusion about the status of a machine, they turned on the camera to see where it was and captured images in a student's bedroom.  From the images, school officials presumed to find some illegal activity and turned the student in to authorities.  IIRC, he was arrested.  It turned out he was watering house plants or something.  Stay tuned for how this one plays out.

I'm not any kind of criminal (nor paranoid, grin), I simply can not tolerate a machine whose loyalties are divided away from it's owner!  I think non-connected Palms share trustworthiness and longevity with Amigas.

In a world of in increasing network connectivity, anonymity and privacy will be precious commodities.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 05:47:45 PM by Tenacious »