Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commercial AmigaOS - MorphOS - AROS Developers Join Project Metropolis Free!  (Read 4597 times)

Description:

Offline Johan Samuelsson

• Show only replies by Johan Samuelsson
    • http://www.ponnyslakteriet.com/uprough
Re: Commercial AmigaOS - MorphOS - AROS Developers Join Project Metropolis Free!
« Reply #44 from previous page: December 18, 2012, 11:30:44 AM »
Post removed due to TOS violation:

Blatant personal attacks are not permitted.
Criticize  ideas, not people. Excessive flaming will not be tolerated. Users who  verbally assault the character or person of other posters on a regular  basis will be banned. Name calling is best left to grade school.  Moderator's judgment applies here. "You are wrong" is not a personal  attack; "You are an idiot" is. "You do not have all of the facts" is not  a personal attack; "you are obviously clueless" is. These are  generalized examples, but you get the idea.

-- eliyahu
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 12:48:10 PM by eliyahu »
.\\\\ Spot / Up Rough Soundsystem //.
check it ---> http://www.uprough.net

Offline utri007

Tadadaaaa tadadaaa yeee :) This is true spirit of amiga.org :D Childis adults, who doesn't have basic manners.
ACube Sam 440ep Flex 800mhz, 1gb ram and 240gb hd and OS4.1FE
A1200 Micronic tower, OS3.9, Apollo 060 66mhz, xPert Merlin, Delfina Lite and Micronic Scandy, 500Gb hd, 66mb ram, DVD-burner and WLAN.
A1200 desktop, OS3.9, Blizzard 060 66mhz, 66mb ram, Ide Fix Express with 160Gb HD and WLAN
A500 OS2.1, GVP+HD8 with 4mb ram, 1mb chip ram and 4gb HD
Commodore CDTV KS3.1, 1mb chip, 4mb fast ram and IDE HD

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
Show some respect.

* Post edited to remove quote from moderated post. (eliyahu) *
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 12:49:27 PM by eliyahu »
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Blinx123

• Show only replies by Blinx123
Relax guys.
No need to start a flamewar over this.

So some of us prefer a centralized solution while others prefer the nostalgic flair of 1980 style self-publishing.

Big deal.
Sam: \\"You crack me up little buddy\\"
Max: \\"I love you Sam\\"

Offline cgutjahr

• Show only replies by cgutjahr
Something really funny that was just posted to Moobunny:

Original announcement (July 2011): Bill gets 20% of the revenue, there are no yearly fees to be paid by the developer

Today's announcement: Bill gets 30% of the revenue, and there's a yearly fee for the dev (which of course, is "waved" for the next 72 hours, lol).

Offline Blinx123

Quote from: cgutjahr;719577
Something really funny that was just posted to Moobunny:

Original announcement (July 2011): Bill gets 20% of the revenue, there are no yearly fees to be paid by the developer

Today's announcement: Bill gets 30% of the revenue, and there's a yearly fee for the dev (which of course, is "waved" for the next 72 hours, lol).

AFAIK, that deal was early adopter exclusive.

Personally, I don't really care. As long as the TOS are non-restrictive (e. g. I'll be able to cross-publish/self-publish), I'm fine.

Offline spirantho

As a developer - I think it's a very good idea.... except the annual fee. I think the 30% should be enough. Why? Because as a developer who runs his own company, I don't know when I'm going to have time to write anything and when I'm not. I'm not going to put $40 down just in case I manage to get something releaseworthy. We're in such a small market, I'm not sure about subscription model at all. Percentage of profits is fine, though.

I think maybe a subscription fee may be more worthwhile when/if this takes off, but not until.

Incidentally, I'm still not sure what Project Metropolis is. If it's a website, then that's no good- there's plenty of portals already. It needs to be an app like Jack - but doesn't Jack already do that anyway...?
--
Ian Gledhill
ian.gledhill@btinternit.com (except it should be internEt of course...!)
Check out my shop! http://www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/ - for 8-bit (and soon 16-bit) goodness!

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
If it helps everyone we can explain where the 30% of our cut goes. Payment processing fees like Paypal fees come out of DFX share not the developer. Royalties to the developer of the Project Metropolis App also come out of DiscreetFX's share. Of course we also host and promote all the commercial applications and give customers a quick App based way to buy then download the software. We take care of the infrastructure for the developer giving them more time to develop and enhance their applications.
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline Blinx123

Quote from: SysAdmin;719599
If it helps everyone we can explain where the 30% of our cut goes. Payment processing fees like Paypal fees come out of DFX share not the developer. Royalties to the developer of the Project Metropolis App also come out of DiscreetFX's share. Of course we also host and promote all the commercial applications and give customers a quick App based way to buy then download the software. We take care of the infrastructure for the developer giving them more time to develop and enhance their applications.

How does VAT work?
Do you take care of this or will I have to figure this out myself/declare it on the annual tax declaration form?

Furthermore, I'd like to know what will be the next step, as I've been accepted for Metropolis earlier that day.

Will I receive a developer login of some sorts?

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
Quote from: Blinx123;719603
How does VAT work?
Do you take care of this or will I have to figure this out myself/declare it on the annual tax declaration form?

Furthermore, I'd like to know what will be the next step, as I've been accepted for Metropolis earlier that day.

Will I receive a developer login of some sorts?

You will have to do the VAT stuff sorry. Yes you will get developer login details soon. We will help you with next steps soon.
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline Blinx123

Quote from: SysAdmin;719604
You will have to do the VAT stuff sorry. Yes you will get developer login details soon. We will help you with next steps soon.

Fair enough.
I actually love doing taxes*.

*If you know what you're doing, it's actually very much akin to legitimately and legally screwing the government. ;)

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
Quote from: Blinx123;719609
Fair enough.
I actually love doing taxes*.

*If you know what you're doing, it's actually very much akin to legitimately and legally screwing the government. ;)

As someone who has previously worked in tax i feel inclined to vomit on you    :smack:
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.