Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga 1200 - screen shifted to left  (Read 663 times)

Description:

Offline TheBRTopic starter

• Show all replies
Amiga 1200 - screen shifted to left
« on: October 08, 2022, 10:29:14 AM »
Hi all,
  I recently purchased an Amiga 1200, I was shown it working and I didn't notice any issue at the time but I may have missed it. It came with a capacitor remap kit from retro something so I installed those whilst I waited for another capacitor to arrive to fix my internal floppy which was also faulty (and I knew about) and install a gotec drive.

Anyway, all appeared to go well but I've noticed the screen is shifted to the left now on my tv, see link for example photos, notice that black bar down the right hand side, even when the TV is set to 4:3 mode, and that there is a similar section missing to the left.

https://imgur.com/a/bLRVwBB

I did wonder if my capacitor change caused this but I don't know for sure, hence the question. Does anyone have any ideas?

Offline TheBRTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga 1200 - screen shifted to left
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 11:32:59 AM »
Also, when using an LCD with an Amiga computer, the screen will always be shifted.  This is one of the main reasons why I went back to using a CRT monitor.  They are 4:3 aspect ratio and you do not have to worry about native screen modes.

Sorry, new to this old computer, newer TV thing. Are you saying what I am seeing is completely normal and the issue is the TV itself? (It's a really old HD ready plasma). Could you explain why a bit more please (apologies, I know it's a pita just looking to understand the situation) or even link me a page to read up about it. To my mind it seemed like the horizontal sync is off but I'm no expert.

You think if I hook this upto a 15" LCD @ 1024x768 native that'll help and are you using RGB scart or composite?