Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The New C64  (Read 12277 times)

Description:

Offline James2002

• Show all replies
Re: The New C64
« on: August 24, 2014, 07:01:30 AM »
Quote from: Duce;771637
Dislike speaking ill of the deceased, but Barry got nowhere near the amount of criticism vs. the abuse he hurled out. People with serious issues with the machines were silenced, removed on C-USA forums, etc. - not to mention what John said, was just the tip of the iceberg. Machines would get hot and the wifi would quit working, etc. People posted about it and had their forums account removed so others wouldn't see that there were issues with the machines...

I got death threats, among other things - from his "War Party" when I did nothing more than ask polite questions here and elsewhere.

I'll applaud any entrepreneur for following his or her dream, but C-USA was a plague on us.

Looking back there was a lot of drama on both sides.I  remember where a person that sent their computer in to get it fixed and never got it back.  That was on commodore Amiga dot org site. They claim they were looking into it at that time.  I never heard that it got resolved.

While I am glad he tried to live his dream I believe he could done better. I believe that in his case he didn't do things the proper way in business. Business person should always respect his or her customers and always set things right.

The prices of the machines drove me away.Prices I believe that very important to customers. I can build my own pc and use Linux.

If I would been C-USA I would have been doing a lot more research. Made my own stuff and operation system. Heck I would made a commodore 64c made it a special edition. Try to please the Amiga and Commodore fans. Sell the computers at reasonable prices.

Offline James2002

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 07:29:21 PM »
Quote from: Vlabguy1;771670
Cool thank you for the linky. Sorry to all that have gotten heated by this post not my intention. I did check the website..and would love to buy one.. just because :-).

Rich

You need a PicoPsu to power the machine.  If your going to build one you need a mini itx motherboard with 2 onboard USB 2.0. You should stick with Intel socket LGA 1155 or AMD.  Keep in mind how many watts your PicoPsu has. Most of the time they under volt the CPU.

Offline James2002

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 04:08:53 AM »
Quote from: Rob;771752
There are some boards that have DC in on the motherboard but choice is more.

True I didn't think about that.