Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Microsoft Barring Certain Staff From Buying Macs, iPads?  (Read 2897 times)

Description:

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show all replies
Re: Microsoft Barring Certain Staff From Buying Macs, iPads?
« on: March 22, 2012, 03:18:30 AM »
I can see their point. If I owned a company I wouldn't want staff, especially sales, going of and buying the competitors stuff with my money.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 06:26:59 PM »
Google are taking on the Flash Player API for Linux and rolling it into something called pepper for google chrome (http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/02/adobe-adandons-flash-on-linux/). So if everything went tits up for windows then I am sure it will be rolled into the Windows version of Chrome.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 12:29:22 AM »
Going back to topic (check me trying to be all proper lol). I can see where Microsoft are coming from. After all it must put out a conflicting message when they are trying to sell Microsoft products for Microsofts market but then use Apple stuff to do orders ect. As someone mentioned they do sell products for Apple computers. but I would imagine that they would have a dedictaed set of staff selling those products and thus would need Apple devices for that. It's appropriate so to speak.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 12:43:57 AM »
Exactly. Same principle applies to many other industries. For example it probably wouldn't put out a good image if a sales rep for Fosters Beer started using the companies money to buy Budweiser. It would probably consitute a conflict of interest or something along those lines.