Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Picture of Steve Jobs Today....  (Read 5519 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: Picture of Steve Jobs Today....
« on: August 27, 2011, 04:32:48 AM »
Whilst I don't generally agree with Steve Jobs and strongly disagree with the whole Apple philosophy on the way they build & make computers as nothing more than a trendy status symbol for those with more money than sense... :(

This speech made by him at Stanford University in 2005 in which he speaks about death is one thing I do agree with him on 100%... :)

It's the same way I look at life and basically boils down too, you only get one shot at life and it's very short in terms of time, so live your life doing what you think is right for you and doing what makes you truly happy and not what you think will just please others just to be thought of as a nice guy... ;)

Being in a similar situation as him with regard to death, I have to say even though I may not like or agree with what he's done as far as computers go I still hope he has the strength to fight what looks like a re-emergence of his cancer and hope he beats it once again... :)

With that being said I hope folks watch and listen carefully to this video clip as the words spoken in it will serve you well to remember and follow them through life and for once I actually agree with the man... ;)

Steve Jobs Speaks About Death...
[youtube]c5aY6rMbOBo[/youtube]

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 05:50:37 PM »
Quote from: ptek;656336
I was going to post the same link for the video as you (got it also on the last utube Subscription Update, Franko :)) I never had a good impression of him but to say the truth I never tried to know about him much, just the usual known stuff about Apple that some of we hate. But I also see a lot of truth about his speech not only regarding to death, more important than the picture being fake or not. Not every person gets the perfect job but one should try to continuously find it and to not accommodate.

Yes, it took a lot of courage and self-confidence of him to speak of dropping from high school and death to the audience :)

Like I said, while I don't agree with the way Apple produces and markets their products I do admire and indeed respect anyone who says what they truly think and believe and lives by the very words they say... :)

Too many people go through life saying "wish I had the courage to say that" but it's got nothing to do with courage it's just saying what you truly believe and if someone doesn't like what your saying, then that's their problem... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 05:11:12 AM »
@ Kolla

That Kolla is the best thing I've heard since I joined this site, I aint gonna be patronising here but I'm happy someone else has realised there is more to life than the computer nonsense we all gibber about here and some take it way too seriously for their own good... :)

While I enjoy my Amiga's they are not the most important thing in my life, if they all went up in flames sure I'd be a wee bit peeved but there are far too many other things I enjoy more in life than just computers, music being the main one and generally just talking to people and having a good laugh and and good time while doing so... :)

Paying bills, worrying about silly things like the economy or working in a job that I don't like nor enjoy are not for me and a waste of my life to let them bother me in any way, constantly meeting new people finding out about them and their life stories and doing things that I haven't tried before while all the time learning from these experiences is what makes me truly happy and of course trying to tell others I come across not waste their one shot in life on such mundane and what are really unimportant things at the end of it all... :)

I'm very happy for you and your change of lifestyle and sincerely hope it brings you true enjoyment and fulfilment in all that you do, as me auld grannie used to say "son lifes fur ra living so enjoy every minute o it while ye can, cos at ra end o ra day, yer a long time deid"... :)

That post Kolla has put a very big smile on my face, well done mate... :D

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 02:55:12 PM »
Don't often come across a video on YouTube where I actually say to myself "now that is really well done & neat" but this to me is just one such video where I have to say this really is very neat and well done... :)

Steve Jobs Sings... :)
[youtube]F4VTZx5jcnQ[/youtube]

(I had posted this in the wrong thread... ooops... :o)