Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: is super street fighter 2 a good port?  (Read 8420 times)

Description:

Offline doctorq

• Show all replies
Re: is super street fighter 2 a good port?
« on: June 13, 2006, 08:07:52 AM »
@Legerdemain

Sorry to ask, but are there at least ONE positive thought in your mind about Amiga??? Most of your post seems to be from a rather negative perspective...

Offline doctorq

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 09:15:16 AM »
@Legerdemain

OK, I see, and I can see the point in most what you are saying.

However, one of your main arguments is about games, for instance the Quake thing, and apparently also Moonstone. You say it yourself; personal oppinions are personal oppinions, so you stating that Moonstone hasn't got smooth scrooling is doing the same as you apparently hate about other; stating your personal oppinions as a fact. At least that is how I see it.

The scrolling in Moonstone might not be perfect for everybody, but maybe this not-so-smooth scrolling is what makes it a good game for somebiody else.

The same goes for Quake; it is not a requirement for me to have Quake running 100+ fps in a 1280 x 1024 screen, even though the developers (and many others) may think that this is the optimal situation. I can live with having quite a fewer fps and a 320 x 200 screen, so I can avoid using my PC and enjoy the game on my Amiga. I have tried on both Amiga and PC, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by playing it on my Amiga, again, it's a personal opinion. Sure, my PC would most likely kill the Amiga as towards speed and resolutions, but I enjoy sitting in front of my Amiga.

As for IBrowse.... he, I can't quite follow your there. It's a decent browser and is useable on most pages, but often it just doesn't cut it :-( As I see it it needs a very big update on the javascript library. If IBrowse was surfing smoothly, and I could access my home banking from the Amiga (I can't since my bank have decided to use JVM for their interface) I wouldn't have the use for a PC; then my girlfriend would have both a desktop and a laptop to use as she pleases.

Sorry for the off topic hi jack...

-EDIT-

Oh, by the way, I feel the same as with the non-critical situation you mention. Mostly regarding promised hardware expansions that will stay vapourware; I can't understand why people still have hope that it will come, when no sign of proof has been made.

Offline doctorq

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 10:14:29 AM »

If you would have written something like 'I personally think the game runs smooth, but some may differ' instead of 'There is a special version of Quake called BlitzQuake, which runs very smoothly on 060/Mediator' my post would have looked rather different.

In my world, the two statements you have above is in fact the same; personal oppinions. Personally I think Quake is playable on Amiga, and personally I think BitzQuake runs smoothly on 060/Mediator. Neither has been stated as facts, sorry if it seems that way, but from my perspective, it doesn't ;-)

Anyway, it is good that all people haven't gotten the same opinions.... where would the world be now if they had???

Sorry, not trying to start an argument, this will be my last reply in this thread as well.