Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jens Schönfeld  (Read 15045 times)

Description:

Offline Schoenfeld

• Show all replies
    • http://icomp.de
Re: Jens Schönfeld
« on: September 09, 2008, 05:49:05 PM »
Thanks everyone!

I do try to help where I can, but I can't of course be everybody's darling. Just today, I had a guy who was asking for Indivision AGA as if it was vapourware, because his reseller didn't send it to him yet (how could he, they're in transit *to* the resellers!). This guy preferred to call me a jerk because I called him imaptient, and I have asked him to please not buy my product.

Yes, I will be at Amiwest this year; I'll be on holidays for the first time in four years. All other trips were jet-set-like "arrive, be at the show, fly back home", so I could not really relax. This year I'll tour the Nevada desert with a friend (who BTW also has an Amiga history - he wrote the multidisk.device for the Amiga-Catweasel), visit a few national parks, then head over to California to visit my friend Chris Hülsbeck and on the last weekend we're in Sacramento for the Amiwest show.

Those of you who were at Amiwest 2006 also got to know Oliver, who is the main developer of Clone-A. Since this is not just "my" but strictly "our" baby, I will neither show, nor talk about Clone-A. Oliver and I will be doing this together. However, the next news release for Clone-A is still a few months away, because it is changing almost weekly. Let me just translate what I wrote yesterday night in a German forum:
The release of Indivision AGA gives a hint at the video-output-unit of Clone-A, with Clone-A requiring more features than Indivision AGA offers.

Please be patient - it'll be worth waiting for. And I have other projects, too. One of them will be revealed at Back in time live in Stockholm this saturday.

Jens

Offline Schoenfeld

• Show all replies
    • http://icomp.de
Re: Jens Schönfeld
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 07:23:01 PM »
TorajaBoy:

Oliver Kastl has left the Amiga for good. The man on Clone-A is Oliver Achten, who also made MMC64, large parts of MMC Replay and the logic design of Indivision AGA.

Santa might bring you Clone-A, but not this year. And it's not an A500. We only demonstrated parts of Clone-A on an A500 board. Forget anything you might expect. It will be replaced by completely new ideas.

Mike-:

Indivision AGA is not a doubler, but it can be downgraded to a doubler. I only chose the large frame buffer because smaller SD-Ram chips are hard to come by. Lots of the memory is idle and will never be used. Indivision AGA is not designed to replace a gfx card. However, the HighGFX support might give you a nice-enough workbench to forget about a gfx card for a while.

-D-:

Thanks for the ghost town link!

Jens