Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pagestream4 Crash and MuForce Hit in 3.1.4  (Read 2659 times)

Description:

Offline my_pc_is_amigaTopic starter

Re: Pagestream4 Crash and MuForce Hit in 3.1.4
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 05, 2019, 09:43:00 AM »
A few other hits I got in Pagestream and also FinalWriter97 (these don't look like the previous issue).

1) For Pagestream, this happened upon multiple closes of documents and loading of documents.
2) For FW97, I was seeing this after trying to close a window with a large document where I had enabled the pictures (objects) to be loaded.   

guest11527

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2019, 07:10:59 PM »
A few other hits I got in Pagestream and also FinalWriter97 (these don't look like the previous issue).
I afraid there is not sufficient information in this output to say anything. Please run segtracker in the startup-sequence so we know where the PC is located, and please also add "stacklines=32" to MuForce which would allow to trace back where the call came from.

Thanks,
Thomas

Offline my_pc_is_amigaTopic starter

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2019, 05:31:26 AM »
I'm just focusing on the FW one for the time being.   I actually had SegTracker in the startup-sequence and I have things in this order.

SetPatch
SegTracker
MuForce  (and I actually had stacklines=32)
MuGa

What is strange is if I remove MuGa from my startup, it doesn't seem to crash. I tried several times and FW is not crashing.  I am using the MMU libs 68060 library., etc.   Once I have MuGa there in the startup then it crashes.   

Also, what is strange is the "FW97_Process.1" does now show up in the SegTracker List.  There is a "FinalWriter' and a bunch of FWLibs in the list but not the "FW97_Process.1"

I have another dump but with stacklines=128.   

guest11527

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2019, 07:22:56 AM »
What is strange is if I remove MuGa from my startup, it doesn't seem to crash. I tried several times and FW is not crashing.  I am using the MMU libs 68060 library., etc.   Once I have MuGa there in the startup then it crashes.   
So MuGA works. It is supposed to trigger a hit for bad memory access, and apparently, FW accesses memory it already has released.

Also, what is strange is the "FW97_Process.1" does now show up in the SegTracker List.  There is a "FinalWriter' and a bunch of FWLibs in the list but not the "FW97_Process.1"
That's not strange. The process name does not have to be identical to the name of the binary where the process was loaded from.

But if the issue goes away without MuGA, we already know that FW accesses memory it released before, i.e. performs an invalid memory access.