Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: a1200 instruction book  (Read 2700 times)

Description:

Offline stingTopic starter

• Show only replies by sting
a1200 instruction book
« on: August 23, 2003, 04:00:38 PM »
Hi
I was wondering if you could help. I Have just got a a1200 hd/40. It has not got any instruction books an i would like to find out a little more about it. has any one that you know of have a pdf file
or anything that you feel could be of help to me so that i can get it up and running. I had it given me . Thanks in advance

Offline alx

Re: a1200 instruction book
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2003, 04:05:11 PM »
Welcome to A.org :-)

If someone cannot find the PDF file, it should be easy to advise you what to do anyway - Amigas are very intuitive.  Have you used Amigas before?  And what stage is it at at the moment (ie have you connected all the cables?)

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2003, 04:14:33 PM »
I have not used one before and have been surfing so that i can some sort of understanding of the A1200. I have got to get a screen but have every thing as far as i know to make it work.so any thing that you can tell me will be helpful

Offline alx

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2003, 04:24:12 PM »
I have not used one before and have been surfing so that i can some sort of understanding of the A1200. I have got to get a screen but have every thing as far as i know to make it work.so any thing that you can tell me will be helpful

You'll need:

* A mouse.  This has a small D-type connector on the end (not like PC mice) , and plugs into the port on the far left, labelled "1 mouse"

* A PSU - this is the brick that plugs into the mains, and into the A1200 at the far right.

* A display - see this article I wrote.

*Finally, you may want some sound.  If you're not using the modulator, use the pair of phono plugs.

When it's plugged in and working (obviously don't plug stuff in when it's switched on), we can go from there...

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2003, 04:33:13 PM »
thank you

Offline xeron

• Show only replies by xeron
    • http://www.petergordon.org.uk
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2003, 04:39:50 PM »
Once you've got the Amiga up and running, you'll find the Amiga University website is full of links to FAQs, how-tos, guides and other useful hints and tips.

If you ever feel like expanding your Amiga, but are confused by all the things on offer on eBay, or Amibench, then you can look things up at The Big Book of Amiga Hardware.

If you're ever stuck, you've already found a great place to ask; Amiga.org has a lot of very knowledgable folks who'll be pleased to help.

Have fun with your Amiga! :-D
Playstation Network ID: xeron6

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2003, 08:27:36 PM »
A mouse. This has a small D-type connector on the end (not like PC mice) , and plugs into the port on the far left, labelled "1 mouse"

Note that this is NOT an old PC serial mouse. You need an Amiga-specific type, or you could invest in a PS/2 -> Amiga mouse adaptor.

And, as others have said, NEVER plug/unplug anything while the Amiga is on! The Amiga is very fragile in this sense.