Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trying to find the name of an Amiga Game...  (Read 1339 times)

Description:

Offline davros01Topic starter

• Show only replies by davros01
Trying to find the name of an Amiga Game...
« on: March 14, 2011, 08:32:36 PM »
Dear all...

Love the Amiga, I had one for years, from when I was 18 through until I was about 24.

I am trying to find the name of a game I used to play a lot, but I cant remember it!

It was a left to right scrolling game, like Rastan Saga, and you controlled a barbarian type warrior. The levels were distinct and different, for example I can remember one level had lots of snow and a winter woodland, with howling wind sound effects, and a lake to cross on frozen lumps of ice.

The BIG difference was every other level or so, you got onto the back of a dragon and flew INTO THE SCREEN, a bit like Space Harrier on the dragons back. The graphics were very blocky / pixelized here on this stage, but it was fast...one dragon level like this had a lot of greenery to fly under and over, and I am sure on one level you were flying towards a big floating castle.

The game was not Sword of Sodan or Rastan Saga, or Dragons Breath or any arcade conversion, but was Amiga only at the time, and from not a very famous software house.

I remember it fondly because at the time it looked AMAZING and the Amiga sound effects were superb, on different channels there was the sound of rain, wind and snow and so on...I hope someone can suggest which game this is, because I would love to play it again!

Cheers!

Offline rvo_nl

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by rvo_nl
Re: Trying to find the name of an Amiga Game...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 09:11:18 PM »
Amiga 1200 (1d4) Kickstart 3.1 (40.68), Elbox Power/Winner tower (450w psu), BlizzardPPC 603e+ @240mhz & 060 @50mhz, 256MB, Bvision, IDE-fix Express, IndivisionAGA, 120GB IDE, cd, dvd, Cocolino, Micronik Keycase, PCMCIA Ethernet, Ratte monitor switcher, Prelude1200, triple boot WB3.1 / OS3.9 / OS4.1, Win95 / MacOS8.1

Offline davros01Topic starter

• Show only replies by davros01
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 09:23:47 PM »
THATS IT!!!

You GENIOUS!!!

Thanks very much! Right..now all I have to do is find one to ..ahem....

download

Cheers

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 09:26:14 PM »
There should be some links on that page to different sources to download it from.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline rvo_nl

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by rvo_nl
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 09:51:38 PM »
Quote from: davros01;621822
THATS IT!!!

You GENIOUS!!!

Thanks very much! Right..now all I have to do is find one to ..ahem....

download

Cheers

Glad to help. Last time I played it (6 months ago) it was frustratingly hard (as most older games seem to be). So perhaps youre better off with the longplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPpMYBDEgAQ

Quite a nice game, many colours on screen and higher resolution than usual, If im not mistaken. The semi-3D levels were very hard though technically impressive.
Amiga 1200 (1d4) Kickstart 3.1 (40.68), Elbox Power/Winner tower (450w psu), BlizzardPPC 603e+ @240mhz & 060 @50mhz, 256MB, Bvision, IDE-fix Express, IndivisionAGA, 120GB IDE, cd, dvd, Cocolino, Micronik Keycase, PCMCIA Ethernet, Ratte monitor switcher, Prelude1200, triple boot WB3.1 / OS3.9 / OS4.1, Win95 / MacOS8.1