Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best Amiga Handheld Experience  (Read 11078 times)

Description:

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.som99.se
Re: Best Amiga Handheld Experience
« on: June 18, 2015, 04:21:33 PM »
I'm holding my breath for the comming Blackberry that will have qwerty keyboard AND Android, it will probably be a nice device for handheld Amiga if you need a new phone at the same time ;)

You can get a PSP (phat old ones) super cheep and use CFW on it and use PSPUAE, long time since I tried it but that's handheld and it got a DPad + Buttons you need and you got a ton of other emulators and games.

There are more handheld options that are cheap, stay clear from the chinease crap gaming Android devices if you do not know if it's good or not, a lot of them have crap controls :/ Some works ok tho so do some reaserch first :)

Oh Almost forgot, the old Sony Xperia Play can be found cheap and have excelent controllers that slide out, but yet again then you get a phone at the same time :)

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.som99.se
Re: Best Amiga Handheld Experience
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 06:42:26 PM »
Quote from: F0LLETT;791592
Still have to release new version I have been working slowly on for the last 3 years.
Just need time to finish it off. Been working on getting HDD support working and fixing some old bugs.
Just got given a Vita, so hopefully soon, the SDK will be sorted and a native version of PSPUAE could be done.

Besides PSP, UAE4ALL2 on Android is best by far. Controls are ok, not sure why people moan unless your using a phone. On my nexus 7, it runs very well.
I run my custom 3.9 setup from my real amiga on it. Its like having my real amiga on the go.
Joymouse prog is best to use with, as then you dont have to mess with mouse.
I would also recommend "hackers keyboard" from playstore. It has all the odd keys, normal droid keyboard doesn't, meaning you can quit WHDLoad games without resetting / restarting emu.

If you get spashtop2HD setup on both your PC / LINUX machine, you can use your tablets / mobiles and run WinUAE on the go. I have done this many times while away from home. Have the perfect setup (CD32) just for tablet use.

Thanks for the update on the PSPUAE status F0LLETT, a native version would rock!

Yeah the Android version is my second pick also, tho I prefere a Android handheld with physical buttons :)

Havn't tried remote desktop gaming but I remote connect to monitor my server every day :)