Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hey SCO, sue me! Petition online now  (Read 5624 times)

Description:

Offline Galahad-Fairlight

• Show all replies
    • http://www.fairlight.0catch.com
Re: Hey SCO, sue me! Petition online now
« on: June 15, 2003, 05:43:32 PM »
You must be tripping right?  I assume that some of the lax drugs laws from neighbouring countries also applies to your home town!

I can think of plenty of reasons why people make a noise about Microsoft, and its not because they are succesful, its because they are succesful by writing atrocious software.

I have had my Amiga's for nigh on 15 years now, and I have NEVER had to format a hard drive because the OS keeps causing problems, yet this is ACCEPTED practice on Windows systems.

Because Microsoft coders have absolutely no idea on the words 'compact', 'lean', and 'optimised', their software is overbloated and needs ridiculous specs to operate.  I mean, Word is a word processor.... since when the hell is it acceptable that it needs 64mb of ram and 300mb of free hard drive space? ITS A WORD PROCESSOR?!?!?!!?

If Microsoft were succesful and producing quality software that didn't need ANOTHER patch to operate correctly, wasn't so damned expensive, etc,  etc, I'm quite sure my load of Amiga's would have been sold years ago.

Frankly, Linux is doing a better job and for free in most cases that Microsoft can't even touch.

At the end of the day, whilst you are entitled to your opinion, that kind of opinion will eventually lead to the collapse of any valid kind of competition to Microsoft, which equals less choice, more cost, which you CANNOT possibly contemplate is a worthwhile risk?

Rant over.