Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hey SCO, sue me! Petition online now  (Read 5631 times)

Description:

Offline jeffimix

• Show all replies
Re: Hey SCO, sue me! Petition online now
« on: May 20, 2003, 12:10:00 AM »
A couple things. IIRC IBM has Aix becuase SCO licenses it to them. Microsoft also have kicked IBM in the shins, remember OS/2 ? Its windows 3.1 compliant cause its what NT was supposed to be. Windows 95 was a rush job after M$ backed out of its deals with IBM.
\\"The only benchmarks that matter is my impression of the system while using the apps I use. Everything else is opinion.\\" - FooGoo

Offline jeffimix

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 12:23:40 AM »
SCO... silly desperate people.  Linux people don't innovate, they refine., and make endless free minor variations, like mailing clients, there're probably hundreds for Linux. This lets in natural selection. Apache beats the other web services et cetera.  Mozilla beats other web browsers (not counting text only ones mind you). I just wish it were more compact and fast, wait, whats this version here? Its just harder to find speedy small Linux versions than say, boated 1 gigabyte ones. nice OS for what it's supposed to do though. M$ have a lot to lose if they lose the server market, a lot. Eventually companies even use Linux terminals cause Linux might work a bit better with Linux, and if its free, runs on cheap hardware, and does all this stuff, why not? M$ have every right to be afraid of Linux, its got a lot of power behind it. And companies like Big Blue,  Novell, and Oracle. And Sun Microsystems is every bit as big as M$.

ED: (because 3 posts in a row is two posts too many): Oh and HMetal, my time is valueless, so Linux is free Thank you so very much. =) Students have their advantages.
\\"The only benchmarks that matter is my impression of the system while using the apps I use. Everything else is opinion.\\" - FooGoo

Offline jeffimix

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 02:50:16 PM »
Love is all you n, Love is all you n, Love is all you n, Love is all you n.