Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Announcement: Technical data of the new Catweasel MK4 controller  (Read 5928 times)

Description:

Offline System

• Show all replies
    • http://amiga.org
Guys?

It's Jens' product, and he can do what he wants with it.  If there were enough sales possible out of the MorphOS community, I'm sure he'd reconsider.  In fact, he didn't say he wouldn't write them, he just has to buy Pegasos hardware in order to write the drivers, and has to recoup the costs of doing so.  It's simple economics and the fact that you want to whine and {bleep} because he doesn't support your chosen platform is irrelevant as well as extremely childish.  You want him to write drivers for MorphOS, help him buy a Pegasos.  It's that simple.

In my many meetings with Jens, I have always found him to be incredibly professional, incredibly helpful, friendly, and incredibly talented.  The personal attacks on him for his professional choices of which platform to support are completely unwarranted, and totally unacceptable.

I know that I wouldn't put that amount of money into a Pegasos just to be able to give away free drivers.  I very much fully support and understand his decision.

Offline System

• Show all replies
Re: Announcement: Technical data of the new Catweasel MK4 co
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 06:42:07 PM »
Of course, but one can also advise people not to buy it because he's so childish, that's well within our rights too, no?

No.  You can't, and no it is not within your "rights" to libel another person based on your personal opinion.  

Your opinion of whether Jens is "childish" is irrelevant.  The FACT is that you're simply pissed off because he made the economic choice that in order to pay for the hardware required, he would need to charge for drivers.  Nothing more, and for you to sit here and argue semantics make you look even more transparently silly than you already do.

"Jens isn't giving me something for free for a platform he doesn't own, so he's being childish"  Don't you realize how stupid that sounds?

Simply stated, you are wrong.  If I were Jens, I simply wouldn't have mentioned MorphOS in the press release, then you'd have nothing to cry over, but then again, you've never been short of any subject to cry over.  

As a matter of fact, if I were Jens, based on the actions of MorphOS zealots like you, I wouldn't support MorphOS or the Pegasos at all.  

All you've done is given potential developers reason to think twice about supporting a bunch of childish zealots and a platform with little chance of actual sales.

Offline System

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 07:33:02 PM »
BBRV was not nice to Schönfeld and Schönfeld was not nice to MorphOS users. Schönfeld can't expect respect from others if he is an {bleep}.
I have nothing against MorphOS users.  I would even classify my feelings towards them (as a whole) as completely apathetic.  

However, this is not about Jens, this is yet another gorilla attack by CERTAIN MorphOS users who are displeased that Jens chooses not to donate more of his money to Genesi in order to write free drivers for the Pegasos.  Nothing more.  

Based on some of the comments I've read, I don't blame Jens at all if he decided to never support the Pegasos.  There are ways to convince someone to support a platform, and calling them childish (and worse) names is the exact WRONG way to do it.

If it were really a concern to MorphOS, BBRV would have sent Jens a Pegasos for the express purposes of writing a driver.

Offline System

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 07:36:13 PM »
Doesn't look like an economic choice from where I'm sitting, Wayne, or OS4 would be an even less attractive option than MOS. Maybe you should try looking harder through Schönfeld's sophistry and at some of the other times he's been accused of childishness in the past before blindly writing this one off as camp-against-camp fighting.
Considering my experiences with BBRV, I'm very well aware of how Jens MIGHT feel, and you know what?  If that's the case, I fully understand and support his choice.  I do not have any proof of that however, and neither do you.

Attitudes like yours is exactly why it's very hard to support the Amiga community, no matter which "side" you're on.

Offline System

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 08:05:25 PM »
It is okay that he doesn't supply MorphOS drivers. I would not mind if he blows up Bill's car. It just is not ok when he treats MorphOS users like he would treat Bill Buck.
Judging by some of the attitudes I've seen regarding this subject, some MorphOS users deserve it.