Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition available as digital download  (Read 9589 times)

Description:

Offline CyborgTopic starter

• Show only replies by Cyborg
AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition available as digital download
« on: December 17, 2015, 12:05:51 PM »
Brussels, December 17, 2015

Hyperion Entertainment CVBA is very happy to announce the immediate availability of AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition for Classic for purchase as digital download.

In close cooperation with Cloanto Italia srl, well known for their Amiga Forever and C64 Forever lines of products, this is the first step and testbed for Hyperion Entertainment towards offering gradually its full line of products as digital downloads in addition to the traditional distribution of physical products through the existing dealer network.

To offer the best possible shopping experience to our customers and following the experience of our partners, Avangate was chosen as fulfillment partner to take care of the whole purchase process in the most secure manner possible and allows to offer several local payment options to customers all over the world.

Customers of the digital download version of AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition for Classic get an archive containing

• ISO9660 image of the installation media,
  • ADF image of the bootfloppy disk,
  • PDF of the DVD cover,
  • PDF of the CD label,
  • PDF of the booklet and
  • the serial number in confirmation mail,

which enables them to produce their own backup media including the official artwork*.

After successful completion of the test phase, interested dealers will be welcome to become part of the affiliate network in order to offer the available digital downloads to their respective customers directly on their website.

We all want to use this opportunity to wish you a very merry christmas and a happy new year 2016.

* reduced quality suitable for home printing equipment

Source: http://www.hyperion-entertainment.biz/index.php/news/36-amigaos-4x/166-amigaos-41-final-edition-as-digital-download

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
Re: AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition available as digital download
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 02:47:00 PM »
@Cyborg

many, many thanks from me and others for doing this. quite a few folks on the forums had asked for the ability to purchase digital copies for use in conjunction with their NG amigas and cloanto's amiga forever, and it's terrific to see hyperion listening to their customers like this. keep it up!

:drink: :drink: :drink:

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 03:00:21 PM »
@Cyborg

Are Hyperion working on a PPC UAEGFX driver?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Acill

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 04:48:42 PM »
What a great way to buy,  smart move and thanks!
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 04:51:54 PM »
$32...not a bad price either.
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Offline Yasu

• Show only replies by Yasu
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 05:12:01 PM »
Same price for the digital download as the psysical version?

Offline billt

• Show only replies by billt
    • http://www.billtoner.net
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 05:37:57 PM »
Cool!
Bill T
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 06:20:44 PM »
Quote from: Yasu;800377

If you're asking me, I'm not sure.  Never was interested in it.  But for $32 in a VM, that'll be cool.
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Offline kreciu

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 09:03:04 PM »
Quote from: Yasu;800377

for physical you need to pay shipping and wait at least week (when available!).

I never liked UAE for classic Amiga. I would rather have slow but real hardware. For Amiga OS PPC, I don't care. New mobos for AmigaOS PPC are to expensive, to slow and in general Amiga OS IS hobby and now with UAE I can see what sits under the hood of AmigaOS4.1... and pray that OWB will not hung on me... will trying to browse some websites :P

PS. And there is NO floppy drive for Amiga PPC :D. Real Amiga without floppy drive?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 09:07:11 PM by kreciu »
Re-A1200inE/BOX/3.2/AmigaOS3.2/TF1260@66Mhz/256Mb/MediatorTX/R9200SE/SpiderUSB/LAN/SB128/16Gb-CF/DVD-ROM/FDD-HD

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by slaapliedje
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 01:37:14 AM »
Now if only we could digitally download a PPC accelerator! :D

But seriously, I bought OS4.1 a few months back and got it working under WinUAE and FS-UAE and it runs pretty well, but A) as mentioned the video card it emulates could be better, and B) I still would rather run it on real hardware... if I could ever afford the PPC boards, I'd get one.
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.

Offline Heiroglyph

• Show only replies by Heiroglyph
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 03:58:11 AM »
Hmm, I just bought it and the download instructions aren't right.

Did anyone manage to get it yet?

1-2) are login instructions

3) Click on "Product Registration" in the user menu on the left.

4) Click on "Register a product" in the main content and select AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition for Classic (Download) .

I don't see that product listed in the dropdown, only physical copies and ROMs.

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2015, 06:09:59 AM »
Not to distract from others' Q's but, is this OS4.1 FE from Cloanto modified in any way from the CD I bought from AmigaKit? IOW, is it say, optimized or otherwise modified to install the way that Cloanto wants it to under Amiga Forever? It really doesn't matter to me except that I own OS4.1 FE from AmigaKit, will my CD install the same way under AF 2016 as the OS4.1 FE digital download from Cloanto? Just a thought! :)
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline Aegis

• Show only replies by Aegis
    • http://www.survivorfilms.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 09:16:24 AM »
Quote from: gizmo350;800418
Not to distract from others' Q's but, is this OS4.1 FE from Cloanto modified in any way from the CD I bought from AmigaKit?

Nope. It's just the 'Classic' version in ISO form - in fact, payment for the download version goes straight to Hyperion (according to my invoice) - your CD should work just fine with AF2016.
Catapultem habeo. Nisi pecuniam amnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Offline kreciu

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 12:03:22 PM »
Quote from: Heiroglyph;800412
Hmm, I just bought it and the download instructions aren't right.

Did anyone manage to get it yet?

1-2) are login instructions

3) Click on "Product Registration" in the user menu on the left.

4) Click on "Register a product" in the main content and select AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition for Classic (Download) .

I don't see that product listed in the dropdown, only physical copies and ROMs.

Are you talking about Registration on Hyperion website? I think you need to choose Cyberstorm PPC version of AmigaOS4.1 and register. I think Blizzard PPC would work also since both are "Classic". I selected Cyberstorm PPC.
Re-A1200inE/BOX/3.2/AmigaOS3.2/TF1260@66Mhz/256Mb/MediatorTX/R9200SE/SpiderUSB/LAN/SB128/16Gb-CF/DVD-ROM/FDD-HD

Offline DavidF215

• Show only replies by DavidF215
    • Cross Timbers Haven
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 12:36:18 PM »
Quote from: Cyborg;800368

Hyperion Entertainment CVBA is very happy to announce the immediate availability of AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition for Classic for purchase as digital download.

In close cooperation with Cloanto Italia srl, well known for their Amiga Forever and C64 Forever lines of products, this is the first step and testbed for Hyperion Entertainment towards offering gradually its full line of products as digital downloads in addition to the traditional distribution of physical products through the existing dealer network.

Thanks to Cloanto and Hyperion for allowing AmigaOS 4.1 to be made officially available on the x86 architecture. Now I can afford to purchase the new OS at a price that I can afford. Amiga Forever indeed.
AmigaOS enthusiast since 1993.