Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Only 3 more days  (Read 9964 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: Only 3 more days
« on: November 08, 2011, 03:43:11 PM »
I have little interest in linux, but I do concur with whoever it was that said the filter is ridiculous.

Virged on amusing when it was 1st bought to our attention, but now it seems somewhat petty.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 08:10:47 PM »
@haywirepc

Youre just so off the mark Im not even going to respond apart from to say 3 thigs:

1. Personal taste/opinion
2. Just 'cos *you* cant do something on an amiga system doesnt mean it cant be done. Ive run Windows/linux and beos on both aros and os3.x before.
3. Linux is about as much fun as shredding your nerps with a cheesegrater and almost s logical. (yes, there's a touch of deliberate irony there, just to prove my point).
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 09:49:46 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;667320
;) Yes, it can be painful at times.

"I use Linux 'cos I'm into pain!"

It may be 'cos of a lack of sleep (I really hope so), but that last sentence gave me an overwhelming urge to find a picture of Tux in S&M bondage gear :)

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 10:21:24 PM »
Quote from: spirantho;667338
I can't find one, maybe I should fire up the GIMP and make one.

Do I get bonus points for irony?

Bonus points are only awarded if you actually find a picture of Tux in S&M gear.
All I can offer for the irony is a nickel plated no-prize with twiddly bits. :)
Well, actually I will give you (or anyone else) bonus points for telling me where that comes from (nickel plater no-prize with twiddly bits). Was in an Amiga magazine many years ago I believe, Ive just never been able to find it again since.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 10:40:56 PM by fishy_fiz »

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 11:10:39 PM »
Ah, I didnt make the connection between GIMP and S&M.
I took the irony reference to be about a dislike of Linux, but still using GIMP.

Perhaps its *you* that knows a little too much about S&M?   :P