Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: apple great desing  (Read 10873 times)

Description:

Offline toRus

• Show all replies
Re: apple great desing
« on: September 16, 2012, 01:10:14 PM »
I confess that I am less anti-Apple than I am anti-Microsoft, anti-Intel, anti-Samsung, anti-HTC, and a whole bunch of other lame companies. Their fanboys do not understand that copycat also means that you rely on others to innovate in products and marketing, then rely on others' success to promote their lame unoriginal product portfolio. There is no denying that Apple is good at marketing but they do make innovative advances on the ideas they "borrow". Lesser companies would either use their monopolistic power to enforce crap products to customers (like M$ has mostly done) or wait for companies like Apple to "come" with an idea, spend lots of money on R&D AND marketing on it because they believe it is good and THEN try to steal from the already successful model (like Samsung does).

Nevertheless, I will always be an Amigan first so I do not really care if all of these companies including Apple rot in hell. But I can understand an Amiga user/enthusiast that now uses Apple products, what I don't understand is Amiga users bashing everyone when in fact they have using Wintel computers as their machines for more than 10 years now while there were clearly better alternatives elsewhere.

Offline toRus

• Show all replies
Re: apple great desing
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 12:20:20 AM »
Jobs was not a fool. Just because he was not one of the thousands of software/hardware developers he hired does not make him stupid or irrelevant in the technology business. Just because he was not the top stock holder in the company he co-funded and managed for several years does not mean he was yet another employee. Call him megalomaniac, selfish, cruel, etc but he made excellent decisions for his companies and he forced his own ideas and philosophy into a company that, unlike the competition, strives to promote "quality" and maintain a good corporate image. Jobs wanted Apple to be like Sony, only better/cooler, Bill Gates wanted Microsoft to be like IBM, only smarter and more bloodthirsty, Samsung just wants to make a profit even if it only comes from selling AA batteries. They don't care as much about marketing and promoting innovation and design as far as they can sell in bunches and cheaper.

Apple is a lame company but no more than Samsung, HTC, et al. It IS an evil company (towards both consumers and the opposition) but probably less than what Google is nowdays and certainly looks like an angel compared to Microsoft or Intel.

Nevertheless, I would never touch anything Microsoft (thus Nokia is out of the question) but I have chosen Samsung Galaxy smartphones instead for example iPhones because I prefer to develop in Java rather than Objective-C. Still, my SGS3 sucks and it's not only Android's fault.