Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Blizzard PPC Early startup menu  (Read 1688 times)

Description:

Offline dmellisTopic starter

• Show only replies by dmellis
Blizzard PPC Early startup menu
« on: November 18, 2007, 11:21:04 AM »
Can someone point me in the right direction on the early PPC setup screen, I need to setup the menu that is accessed by the ESC key on startup.

I have a SCSI hardrive 1 with CD Rom 5 and terminator on end drive, and controller set as 0.

What do I need on the SCSI setup ie LUN1 ???? Autosync???? Auto Mount??? also I have no idea what to enter in the other sections of CDFS / RAM / SYSTEM.

Can some one please advise as I cannot get my SCSI chain working properly?

Also when installing workbench floppy hard drive install, are the drives shown as install destination?

Would appreciate some help

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
Re: Blizzard PPC Early startup menu
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »
You shouldn't need to change anything in the CS boot screen to get your devices recognised, unless they were actually disabled at some point. As long as the IDs (on the devices) are set correctly and both ends are terminated properly, then the drives should be visible (automatically in the case of a HDD, or once mounted in the case of anything else). Put another way, if you can't see any devices then this is more likely to be a cabling/termination/ID issue rather than configuration of the CS - again, unless the controller or specific devices have been disabled.

As for installing Workbench, yes once the HDD is being seen by the SCSI controller it will appear as a device in HDToolBox ready to be partitioned and then installed on to.

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline Zac67

• Show only replies by Zac67
Re: Blizzard PPC Early startup menu
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 11:47:48 AM »
The controller should always be kept on ID 7. It's a very good idea to give the highest priority to the controller and that's the highest ID narrow SCSI devices work with.