Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A4000 SCSI controller ??s  (Read 787 times)

Description:

Offline frl9lkTopic starter

• Show only replies by frl9lk
A4000 SCSI controller ??s
« on: November 16, 2007, 09:16:04 PM »
I have a 4000/040 running OS3.1. I have a Supra A2000 WordSync, with a new (rev 6) rom installed. Have the install software (v 3.8b). I left the autoboot switched to ON. The docs basically assume that the board will be used as a hardcard, but I just want to hookup an external SCSI tower. I put suprascsi.device into devs, but I'm reluctant to just run the install and have something go way wrong with my internal drive.

BTW, if I put in an Emplant, it won't come up with the HDs but does find the zip drive in the tower (installed earlier, when I was trying to get the Emplant to be a "real" controller).

Thanks
1000s, 500, 2000HD, 4000, Joyboard

Offline Amiga4k

• Show only replies by Amiga4k
Re: A4000 SCSI controller ??s
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 01:03:34 AM »
If your internal drive is your boot drive, then turn off the autoboot on the WordSync2000, as your not booting from that card, only using it as a secondary SCSI device. The install disk should only seeks hard drives attached to that card, and list them accordingly.
In this scenerio, those drives would not have boot partitions when you set partitions. Look at the list of drives, and your internal drive should NOT be listed as available.

BTW, that card is Zorro-II and only SCSI-1.
Won\'t hide my location.
"I know if you have been good or bad!"

Offline Computolio

• Show only replies by Computolio
Re: A4000 SCSI controller ??s
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 07:19:23 AM »

Could you by any chance post the ROM of your WordSync? I've been trying to find the latest ROM for it.