Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Toaster 2000 Flyer Ribbon cable pinout needed  (Read 8238 times)

Description:

Offline Tronman

• Show all replies
Re: Toaster 2000 Flyer Ribbon cable pinout needed
« on: February 04, 2024, 03:02:03 AM »
Well it's been 24 years since I fixed Toaster Flyer systems for a living..  but does the Amiga boot up correctly by itself, will it run regular Amiga apps and games?  If yes, then what happens when you plug in the Toaster/Flyer, do you get a TNR, Toaster Not Responding error?  Is there any output from the Toaster's preview screen?

Quite a lot of the time, when we'd see systems come in for this, a thorough cleaning of the card edges and cleaning/blowing out with canned air of the mobo connectors would fix it.  You might also try gently unplugging and re-plugging each one of the individual boards on the Toaster itself.

Because Newtek was always a little odd about servicing a Toaster, we would collect the various boards of several Toasters until we had pretty much a unit made up completely of defective boards and then send that in.  Then we had a working Toaster full of known good spares.  We did this because it was difficult to cajole Newtek into sending us individual module boards.

I do not know if Newtek could or would still repair a Video Toaster or Flyer, as to them VT now pretty much stands for 'Vietnamese Television.'  (I read up on them a couple years ago, they're really huge in that market with both hard and software).

Offline Tronman

• Show all replies
Re: Toaster 2000 Flyer Ribbon cable pinout needed
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 05:17:55 AM »
I think much of the issue would be getting parts and service data.  There may have been some ASICs on those boards which are simply nonexistent nowadays.