Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Os 3.1.4 Thread  (Read 272971 times)

Description:

Offline ronniebeck

• Show all replies
Re: The Os 3.1.4 Thread
« on: October 05, 2018, 08:28:56 AM »
.....Why now if not to coinside with the Vampire? Why was a bug fix deemed necessary? The Vampire is the only fuel for Classic development so it's resonable to suspect Hyperion's rush is motivated by the Vampire....
Why is any bug fix deemed necessary.  Maybe you mean "why was this bug fix done now and not years ago?".
Rush? The Vampire has been around quite sometime and Hyperion had, according to Wikipedia, to "an exclusive license to develop and market AmigaOS 4 and subsequent versions with the name AmigaOS" since 2009.  A blind man typing on his keyboard via a 4 meter long stick could produce a fix faster than that.  It is hardly a rush.  I would like to hear the motivations for 3.1.4 and why it comes now from horses mouth (Hyperion and the developers) rather than pure speculation.  The guys behind the development are well known and well respected within the community.  Maybe they could explain their own motivations behind this here (if they haven't already).

How many copies would need to be sold for ongoing development?

Yes how many indeed.  If sales revenue of 3.1.4 could ever be commercially interesting.........

Offline ronniebeck

• Show all replies
Re: The Os 3.1.4 Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 11:42:10 AM »
Is the plan to get third party developers to support OS3.1.4 going forwards instead of OS3.9?
I'm sorry, I really don't get your attitude.

Me neither.  From my perspective, the update is a welcome release and much appreciated by myself.  Thank you! Nice work!  :-)